• Subscribe
  • Is a 100-day streak worth it?

Vertika Nigam
    23 replies
    So it's my 100th day streak today. What did I get out of it? idk. But consistently showing up for these few days, - i met some awesome people - came across some useful products - learnt so much - shared so much and will continue doing so, just because I'm enjoying it. Thank you for being a part of my life and making it better :)

Replies

Bilal Chohan
    Not sure, im only on a 23day streak right now working my way up to the top like you guys haha. I guess being active consistently and building a good reputation can become beneficial on a website like product hunt.
    Way to go, @bilal_c ! I'm a beginner too btw, 100 is a tiny streak, but keep going and keep making your time here more valuable for others and yourself. That's all.
    Nathan Covey
    Wondering the same thing. What does a streak really do for you? To me it kinda feels gimmicky
    @nathancovey Could be taken as motivation, or a reward. But more important thing is that it makes you consistent in something if you really follow it. I've missed a few days in between, but doesn't matter, because I come back again to see what new products are out now. It's just interesting to be here. How are you finding PH, personally?
    Nathan Covey
    @vertikanigam I love ProductHunt overall! Wbu?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Congratulation! It is a journey and it is about meeting people. Thanks to PH, I got into the communities, had calls with great folks, and changed know-how. Be persistent, you will meet more good guys. :)
    @busmark_w_nika Yeah, I'm seeing this. Being in any kind of social platform does it to you. PH has a unique flavor than LinkedIn or Twitter. So, it's nice being here. And I met you!
    Aaron Hays
    I'm 3 days in and there seems to be a great group of people on here.
    @aaron_hays No doubt about that. 3 will become 3000, and you'll do great. I see you're launching soon. All the best :)
    Ujjwal Mishra
    100-day streak by itself won't mean much. However, the things you gain by being here for 100 days straight definitely mean a lot, as you have yourself pointed out.
    Anas Riad
    I think it does help you build a strong presence on PH.
    Anas Riad
    @vertikanigam thank you very much. have you launched a product on PH?
    DoÄźa Armangil
    I think the consensus here is that about two months is enough to gain traction if what you’re selling is of value. A never-ending streak sounds like a 9 to 5 job.
    @doga_armangil Oh, that's a new perspective. Would you say using social media, especially LinkedIn for those who use it for work everyday, is it like a 9 to 5? I think purpose matters here. Why are people coming to this platform regularly even if not every day...
    DoÄźa Armangil
    @vertikanigam Hi, if you are launching something here, then a 30- to 60-day streak sounds about right (a summer streak probably doesn't count for much, though). OTOH if you are not launching yourself but you are curious about who launches what, then sky is the limit, why not go for a forever-streak. If you want to socialize off-work, then đť•Ź or the Fediverse (Mastodon etc) are probably better choices. For me LinkedIn is purely for business, but to each his own. Or her.