• Subscribe
  • How do you usually plan out your work week? + my tips for productivity and mental health

Kehui Guo
    18 replies
    I have gradually implemented a schedule that fits my work style the most. * Monday: I like to start Monday by checking messages, getting up to speed on work, and setting up meetings with the team. I have a prioritization meeting every Monday so it’s a time for me to sync up with my team so we are all aligned:) * Tuesday: I usually have lots of back-to-back meetings so it’s a very communication/collaboration-heavy day. * Wednesday: I would clean up my space, organize all the Tuesday meeting highlights in the morning, and then go into “heads-down” work mode. In between, there might be some more meetings… * Thursday: mostly heads-down working:)))) * Friday: I have my weekly design review on Friday so I will show all my work, and get feedback from the team. And the afternoon is usually pretty chill, wind down and prepare for the weekend<33 Having this schedule helps me separate my time well - meetings and heads-down design work, and having a more chilled Friday is also good for my mental health<33 Looking forward to hearing other people’s tips on how to stay productive during the week! Cheers~

Replies

Gurkaran Singh
    Ah, your work week flow sounds as organized as a perfectly coded algorithm! It's great to see how you've fine-tuned your schedule for maximum productivity and mental well-being. How do you manage to keep those back-to-back meetings from feeling like an episode of a high-speed tech drama?
    Kehui Guo
    @thestarkster Hahaha thanks! I do feel like "an episode of a high-speed tech drama"😇🤣 After tons of meetings, I usually go for a short walk or even just get up from my desk, get some fresh air, go to the bathroom, just some small change of environment makes things a lot easier!
    Robyn Kline
    Great tips! I find that scheduling specific time blocks for meetings and focus work helps me stay organized and efficient.
    Amard Sonal
    Great to see your schedule! I also take Fridays to wind down and prepare for the upcoming week, which helps with my mental health.
    Hana Salazars
    I break my tasks into small, manageable chunks and schedule regular breaks to keep my energy levels up throughout the day.
    Kehui Guo
    @hana_salazars Love this tip! Breaking down into manageable tasks is a must! I love the feeling of accomplishment when achieving small milestones~
    Ayaz Akram
    I keep my Tuesdays and Wednesdays meeting-heavy and use the other days for focused work. This balance works well for me.
    Debra Hetrick
    I like to start my mornings with a quick workout or meditation session. It helps me stay focused and energized for the day.
    Kehui Guo
    @debra_hetrick Nice! I did meditation for a short period of time before but later lost it... I want to try to start it again, really helps with mental health:)
    Debra Salt
    Thanks for sharing! I find that reviewing my weekly progress every Friday helps me stay on track and adjust my plans as needed.
    Kehui Guo
    @debra_salt Great! Reviewing progress regularly is so essential to keep myself on track and also serve as a motivation for the upcoming week:))
    Jackson Oscar
    I use productivity tools like Trello to organize my tasks and keep track of deadlines. It helps me stay on top of my work.
     Nick Zack
    I usually plan my most challenging tasks for the mornings when I’m most alert and save the afternoons for meetings and less demanding work.