• Subscribe
  • How do you usually plan out your work week? + my tips for productivity and mental health

Kehui Guo
    18 replies
    I have gradually implemented a schedule that fits my work style the most. * Monday: I like to start Monday by checking messages, getting up to speed on work, and setting up meetings with the team. I have a prioritization meeting every Monday so it’s a time for me to sync up with my team so we are all aligned:) * Tuesday: I usually have lots of back-to-back meetings so it’s a very communication/collaboration-heavy day. * Wednesday: I would clean up my space, organize all the Tuesday meeting highlights in the morning, and then go into “heads-down” work mode. In between, there might be some more meetings… * Thursday: mostly heads-down working:)))) * Friday: I have my weekly design review on Friday so I will show all my work, and get feedback from the team. And the afternoon is usually pretty chill, wind down and prepare for the weekend<33 Having this schedule helps me separate my time well - meetings and heads-down design work, and having a more chilled Friday is also good for my mental health<33 Looking forward to hearing other people’s tips on how to stay productive during the week! Cheers~

Replies

Nick Zack
    I usually plan my most challenging tasks for the mornings when I’m most alert and save the afternoons for meetings and less demanding work.
    Robyn Kline
    Great tips! I find that scheduling specific time blocks for meetings and focus work helps me stay organized and efficient.
    Amard Sonal
    Great to see your schedule! I also take Fridays to wind down and prepare for the upcoming week, which helps with my mental health.
    Hana Salazars
    I break my tasks into small, manageable chunks and schedule regular breaks to keep my energy levels up throughout the day.
    Kehui Guo
    @hana_salazars Love this tip! Breaking down into manageable tasks is a must! I love the feeling of accomplishment when achieving small milestones~
    Ayaz Akram
    I keep my Tuesdays and Wednesdays meeting-heavy and use the other days for focused work. This balance works well for me.
    Debra Hetrick
    I like to start my mornings with a quick workout or meditation session. It helps me stay focused and energized for the day.
    Kehui Guo
    @debra_hetrick Nice! I did meditation for a short period of time before but later lost it... I want to try to start it again, really helps with mental health:)
    Debra Salt
    Thanks for sharing! I find that reviewing my weekly progress every Friday helps me stay on track and adjust my plans as needed.
    Kehui Guo
    @debra_salt Great! Reviewing progress regularly is so essential to keep myself on track and also serve as a motivation for the upcoming week:))
    Jackson Oscar
    I use productivity tools like Trello to organize my tasks and keep track of deadlines. It helps me stay on top of my work.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Ah, your work week flow sounds as organized as a perfectly coded algorithm! It's great to see how you've fine-tuned your schedule for maximum productivity and mental well-being. How do you manage to keep those back-to-back meetings from feeling like an episode of a high-speed tech drama?
    Kehui Guo
    @thestarkster Hahaha thanks! I do feel like "an episode of a high-speed tech drama"😇🤣 After tons of meetings, I usually go for a short walk or even just get up from my desk, get some fresh air, go to the bathroom, just some small change of environment makes things a lot easier!