• Subscribe
  • Do you think that nowadays, it's possible to build products without a project manger?

Salim Boudi
    3 replies
    The Project Manager position is constantly evolving, many companies build their products without a project manager in their team, they instead opt for a flat structure where no body reports to anybody else, and everyone is responsible for what they build and ship, and we see more and more engineering-led teams. How do you manage to build? what do you think about these approaches?

Replies

Gurkaran Singh
    In the dynamic landscape of product development, the role of a project manager is definitely undergoing a transformation. Embracing a flat structure can foster a sense of ownership and collaboration within teams, but it also requires a finely tuned organizational dance. It's fascinating to witness the shift towards engineering-led teams taking the helm in product creation. Balancing autonomy and coordination is key - what's your secret sauce for successful product building without a project manager?
    Amri
    Mano - Chat, Places & Moments
    Mano - Chat, Places & Moments
    early in my career, i was hired as the lead engineer, only to discover along the way that I've also stepped into the shoes of project manager 🤭
    Salim Boudi
    @thankyousir More and more companies choose to work without project managers / product managers (The most famous example I know is Valve), and prefer an engineering-led way of building products, where no one have to actually report things to anyone and where everyone is accountable of what they do and ship!