• Subscribe
  • 5 things that make you a better member of the Product Hunt community ❤️

I think that this does not apply to the Product Hunt only (Thank god), but to other platforms and maybe even to real life. 1. Give genuine feedback Be kind, don't be a jerk. Be aware that some of us are beginners and you cannot compare someone's Chapter 1 to another's Chapter 20. People will cherish it if you give them good-meant advice thanks to them they can improve. 2. Support Upvote and comment not only because someone begged you in LinkedIn DMs. Be proactive in searching for products, give them their vote and when the product is useful and affordable for you, consider purchasing. Many people were devastated when they were not featured. The truth is, that the products I bought from PH were in the non-featured section. 3. Share knowledge You can be good at something and have expertise in a certain field. The same applies to other members of the community. When we all share something, we can enrich and learn from each other. I call it Mutual knowledge transfer. 4. Connect with people Not only in the meaning that you are connecting with someone from PH on LinkedIn or Twitter but also in recommending other people useful contacts you bumped into. Networking. 5. Ask this question „How can I help you?" I noticed how this question at the end of our calls created many strong bonds. People who ask for help directly can feel hurt sometimes so they do not ask, they do not progress. Help them to overcome this barrier and ask them. It turns out that in most cases they will also want to help you. Maybe I forgot about something. Do you want to add your findings? Please, do it. 🙏🙂 ----- You added: @haiqa_irfan : Try to give a credit. If you come across an idea or inspiration from Product Hunt that influences your work or projects, acknowledge and give credit to the creators. @vertikanigam : Report bots to PH support and respond to comments on your discussions as much as possible

Replies

Bilal Chohan
    Agree with this, i appreciate you sharing your thoughts and ideas with the community
    Alex AI
    I absolutely agree with what has been written. I would also add to connect people - try to be the person who facilitates networking and helps people who could work together to meet. I also have an appeal: Support Nika by subscribing to her newsletter.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @byalexai Thank you, Alex, it is so kind of you. :) You are right. I noticed how you network on Twitter and it is what I am trying for.
    Alex AI
    @busmark_w_nika I appreciate the kind words Nika! I'll be back on Twitter soon, and it's time to promote the latest episode of your podcast xD
    @byalexai yes! :D I actually posted the second short on YouTube and wait a few days after it will be "settled" on YouTube so I will start with LI a X :D
    Haiqa Irfan
    Also, try to give credit: If you come across an idea or inspiration from Product Hunt that influences your work or projects, acknowledge and give credit to the creators. It builds goodwill and encourages others to share openly.
    @haiqa_irfan Good point. If you are okay with add, I will add it at the bottom of the post, of course giving a credit :)
    Nupur Tevatiya
    These are really great important points on which one can start their journey on product hunt in a right way specially if they are beginners like me and get overwhelmed on a new platform. So thank you for sharing these points. Really appreciated
    Emily Willis
    This is a great list; thanks for sharing, Nika! The only thing I'd add is that we could encourage each other to be grateful and thank others for the support they provide in our PH journey.
    @emily_willis1 Thanks Emily –> it reminds me (this is important for those who are about to launch) –> thanks to people in DMs after the campaign :) It helps to remind. :)
    john smith
    Why should you launch your product on Product Hunt? https://urdunovelsbank.com/
    @ghhgfc can you be more clear? :D
    Jon
    I cannot agree more. You have made these five points very comprehensive, thank you. The main theme of social platforms is communication, and the basis of communication is sincerity
    @zhang_jon community building is about people and to be honest any work with people is not easy as everyone has unique needs. Juggling with psychology and human behaviour takes time and practice. These points jumped to my mind this morning so needed to share :)
    Dan O'Malley
    You are always providing value and sharing knowledge. Thank you!
    @dan_o_malley Dan, happy to hear that these posts bring something valuable to the community. You are so kind, thank you :)
    André J
    6. Report the bots 😅
    André J
    @busmark_w_nika Im surprised that someone hasn't made a "bot blocker" chrome plugin. Should be pretty easy to make as these bots always use the same GPT dictionary words that sticks out. "Certainly", "Intriguing", "I find it interesting", "I appreciate" 😅
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    Would also add — give human comments, not AI BS
    @kostyabolsh yes, removing bots is the first thing that should be done. For what are empty discussions? They are only fake numbers.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Good list but this can definitely be used in general as well.
    Harry Edward
    Great post, Nika! I totally agree with your points. Giving genuine feedback, supporting others, sharing knowledge, connecting with people, and asking "How can I help you?" are all essential. These principles apply to any community. For more insights and resources, visit here https://paxitracking.com. What do you think? Any other tips to share?
    M Sulaiman
    Great points, Nika! I totally agree, especially on the power of genuine feedback and supporting others. It's amazing how much we can all learn and grow together. Also, networking and helping others out can really make a difference. Thanks for sharing these insights! 🙌 By the way, super excited for the launch of SEOPro later this month!
    Lakshya Singh
    True! I love the last point. Usually, people ask this at the beginning of the call without knowing the situation. Asking it at the end feels like you actually care. Thanks for the tips, Nika!
    @lakshya_singh yop, have to admit that I am learning this. Still it is something new to me :) Thank you Lakshya for your contribution to the discussion :)
    Ishwar Jha
    Wistec Assessments
    Wistec Assessments
    You have covered all the key aspects to keep the community engaged and high-spirited. However, I would like one more point to add: Reciprocate: As you expect others to help you during your launches, you should be equally ready and willing to support the launches of other founders. Your likes and constructive feedback supercharge makers' spirits and make them feel elevated.
    6. Report bots to PH support as soon as you see them. They take action. 7. Respond to comments on your discussions as much as possible, and add meaningful insights. Say thank you.
    Leo Paz
    Well said!
    Faizan Ali
    Active Participation: Engage regularly by commenting on products, asking insightful questions, and providing constructive feedback. Support Others: Help promote and uplift fellow makers by upvoting their products and sharing valuable insights. Contribute Knowledge: Share your expertise and experiences related to products or industries you're familiar with to enrich discussions. Stay Respectful and Positive: Maintain a respectful and positive attitude towards others' work and opinions. Stay Informed: Keep up with new product launches and trends on Product Hunt to stay relevant and contribute effectively to discussions. for more details click here.https://leatherimperial.com/
    Pere
    I couldn't agree more with your list. I've been trying to become a better member of the PH community lately and my go to have been 2 and 3. Looking to activate the other suggestions you've highlighted here. Thanks for sharing, Nika!
    Maison K. 🎯
    also, reviews can help!