• Subscribe
  • Do you find days on PH you don't feel like upvoting Products? What's your reason? πŸ˜…

Faisal Ishaque
    8 replies
    In the past few months of using and loving the PH experience, I've encountered days when I didn't feel like upvoting products. Reasons? 1. Too many AI Products. πŸ€– 2. Very few Physical Products (I have a special place in my heart for innovative physical products) 3. Just not motivated enough to go through the list and upvote. πŸ˜” 4. Product descriptions are not clear enough for me to go and visit the product page. πŸ€” Do you go through such days, if yes then what's your reason?

Replies

Gurkaran Singh
    Some days it feels like scrolling through endless lines of code - too many AI products, not enough human touch! Who knew choosing upvotes could sometimes feel like debugging mood swings? πŸ˜…
    Faisal Ishaque
    @thestarkster that's what it really feels like at times πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’» that "Launching Soon" tag on your profile is eye-catching. All the best mate!
    Ashik Hameed
    hey @faisal_ishaq1 - yess, I’ve had days like that on Product Hunt. Sometimes, the sheer number of AI products can be overwhelming. Other times, unclear product descriptions make it hard to get excited about upvoting. Do you have any tips for making product descriptions more engaging and informative?
    Faisal Ishaque
    @ashikhameed Hey Ashik that is an interesting question. My two cents on this would be that if a product title and description can tell me 1. who is it for? 2. what problem does it solve? 3. how does it solve the problem? At time this can be enough to Upvote haha πŸ˜„ at least to move to the product detail page. What do you think about this and what keeps you going?
    Ashik Hameed
    @faisal_ishaq1 Hey Faisal, I completely agree with your points. Who, What & How is very important and needs to be very clear. btw, do you have any favorite recent finds on PH lately? πŸ˜ƒ
    Abhra Ch.
    @faisal_ishaq1 I totally get where you're coming from! πŸ˜„ There are days when the overwhelming number of AI products makes it hard to feel enthusiastic about upvoting. πŸ€– Also, spotting those rare and innovative physical products is always a delight! Sometimes, unclear descriptions make it tough to decide if a product deserves an upvote. πŸ€” Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Do you think better curation or categories might help? 😊
    Faisal Ishaque
    @abhra_ch it's a relief to see that others face the same dilemma as me, thought I'd be the only one. Also, yes a better curation of title, description, and category goes miles to help get excited about the product. I see you are launching soon, let me check it out and all the best mate!