What's one piece of advice you'd give to your younger self about building products?

Rupal Saini
30 replies

Replies

Always follow your gut!
Business Marketing with Nika
Build in public / validate it in time – because when you show up after the product is done, you can find out many fu*k ups: – no one cares about the product, – it is built miserably, – it doesn't solve the people, only your problem. πŸ˜€πŸ˜…
Rupal Saini
@busmark_w_nika Yes, this is a great one. I do agree that just focusing on perfecting the product might mean missing out on the right opportunity to present it to target users. Building in public is a great way to establish a bond and trust with the target audience. Through this approach, they can easily see how the product's growth is progressing.
Raffaele Zarrelli
Nobody cares about features or fancy design, you just need to solve (big) problems with easy solutions.
Rick Fan
Focus on real user scenarios and solve actual problems.
Ibileke Samuel
Don’t worry about failure, just start. You only have to be right once!πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡β€οΈ
Cedric Mathias
Instead of focusing only on product I would tell my younger self to focus more on marketing and sales also
Salar Davari
Don't copy your business commutators!!
Rupal Saini
@salar__davari True! Originality matters, but there's also so much to learn from others. It's about finding our own voice while drawing inspiration from the best.
Michael
In my opinion, great UX can set your product apart.
Andreas Sohns
My advice is not to be afraid of failure.
Daniel S
To not think that you can't do something because that will make that fear a reality. Not knowing something is impossible is what makes it possible.
Rupal Saini
@dan16 Right mindset is everything! I agree that believing in our abilities and staying open to possibilities can lead to amazing outcomes. Thanks for sharing this inspiring reminder :)
sidra Arif
@rupal_saini Focus on understanding and figuring out real customer problems.
Rishab Gupta
Ship fast + build in public
Gurkaran Singh
Hey, younger me! Remember, building products is like baking a cake - start with a solid recipe (user research), carefully mix in the right ingredients (features), and don't forget the icing on top (user experience)!
john smith
Is advice to your younger self based on ' counterfactual thinking'?