• Subscribe
  • What's a recent discovery that's changed the way you think?

Abdul Rehman
    7 replies

Replies

Michael Turner
    "Attention is all you need" for NLP processing is mind-blowing. Transformers are so much more efficient than previous approaches like RNNs or CNNs. Although I'm not sure "any publicity is good publicity" holds true... negative publicity can definitely tank a brand. What other recent insights have changed your perspective?
    Calvin Todd
    "Attention is all you need", "Any publicity is good publicity"
    A Momin
    Keep your peace and happiness first.
    Oliver James Hawthorne
    "Any publicity is good publicity" is a great discovery. Negative attention often ends up drawing even more eyeballs and recognition than good publicity. Look at how many celebs and brands have seen their profiles skyrocket after a scandal or controversy. The key is knowing how to spin it and ride the wave of attention, good or bad.
    Griffin Rhys Donovan
    "Any publicity is good publicity" is interesting but I think has limits. Negative publicity can definitely hurt a brand. As for "Attention is all you need", this has totally changed how I think about language models and translation. The transformer architecture it introduced has unlocked incredible capabilities in NLP. Makes me excited to see what other breakthroughs we'll see in AI as new architectures are invented!
    Karen Anderson
    Recently discovered 'The Beginning of Infinity' by David Deutsch -- a mind-expanding book on how knowledge and creativity are the driving forces of progress. Really changed my perspective on how humanity advances through conjecture and criticism. Also learned the Lindy effect -- that things that have been around for a long time are likely to be around much longer -- super useful mental model!