• Subscribe
  • What makes a better co-founder. Lifelong friend or a domain expert?

Lewis Herdman
    8 replies

Replies

Amit Gawande
    I think - one who has the right intent and attitude.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Umm, i think a domain expert often makes a better co-founder, as their specialized knowledge can drive the business forward, although trust and compatibility are also crucial.
    Abhra Ch.
    @lewis_appre Hands down a domain expert. Also Business with friend's, never works out in my opinion. You're gonna have to sacrifice one to save the other 🤷‍♀️
    Ankur Sharma
    Domain founder. I do not have a good experience doing business with a close friend.
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    I had good and bad experiences trying to build with both types of people. I think the best co-founder is someone who has • experience in domain (maybe still have a lot to learn in it though) • potential to become lifelong friend • entrepreneurial mind
    KJ
    A friend who is driven, capable and willing to learn. If they have complimentary skills, it's a bonus.
    Milo Nathaniel Thorne
    Depends on your needs. Domain experts bring specialized knowledge to accelerate your progress in that area. But a trusted friend who shares your vision and work ethic is invaluable for the inevitable ups and downs of the startup journey. In an ideal world, find a domain expert you can also develop a deep friendship with over time. But if I had to choose one, I'd prioritize the lifelong friend assuming they are smart, driven and willing to dive deep into the domain.
    Mark Martinez
    I'd choose a domain expert every time. Skills and knowledge matter way more than friendship when building a successful startup. A friend might be fun to hang with, but an expert will actually help you execute and scale the business. Just my 2 cents though!