Remote work or Onsite?

Robin Dhanwani
86 replies
The ever-growing discussion of the pros and cons of remote work and office work has such strong opinions that it’s tough to pick sides. Our hybrid approach at Parallel allows us to build a culture that fosters collaboration while giving the team the flexibility to work remotely. What’s your take on it?

Replies

Thomas Hansen
Both remote work and onsite work have their pros and cons. It depends on the nature of the job and personal preferences. We just launched our product today! Follow us and try it out with a 7-day free trial.
Mohammed Nihar
Remote work offers flexibility and boosts productivity by allowing people to work in their preferred environments, improving work-life balance and reducing commuting stress. It supports inclusivity and efficiency in a global context
Robin Dhanwani
@mohammed_nihar I agree with this and I also feel like working in office allows team bonding better, strengthens company culture and also creates a growth-focused work environment. So maybe hybrid would be a good option?
Mohammed Nihar
@robin_dhanwani2 I agree with you, but sometimes working without the hassle of traveling and a few variables makes me personally feel at peace.
Mia Fullin
I think hybrid is good idea, not all the work must do in the office
Yvik Ye
Launching soon!
Definitely remote work, especially working from home, cuz home home, sweet home!😁
Vaibhav
As a beginner/fresher, I find 'onsite' to be the super helpful in learning. You can then always go remote.
Pari Pushpakar
I guess onsite Enhanced team spirit and camaraderie through face-to-face interactions, what do you think ?
Robin Dhanwani
@pari_pushpakar Yes, working in office allows team bonding better, strengthens company culture and also creates a growth-focused work environment. At times, some people do prefer working in silos. So maybe a hybrid setting would be ideal?
Pari Pushpakar
@robin_dhanwani2 I guess hybrid setting could be ideal because It allows us to enjoy both rest and activities even ensuring you get relaxation while still making the most of your weekends.
Liam Oram
I think it 100% depends on the person and also your level of experience. for junior roles it's definitely beneficial to be in the office more as it allows you to learn from peers and over hearing conversations etc.
Robin Dhanwani
@liam_oram That's a very interesting point; to add on for junior roles even senior folks of a company will have to spend some time in office to make the juniors accustomed to the culture and also build a better transparent bond which might get lost if people are only connected virtually.
Kostya Bolshukhin
Had an awesome experience in both remote and onsite jobs. The key for nailing it is organising work differently. Like recently talked with VP of HR, whose team has an awesome policy: covering travel expenses for teams so they can meet offline occasionally. Well-thought organisation of work makes or brakes both options
Robin Dhanwani
@kostyabolsh That's great to hear, as we too have implemented a similar policy for our hybrid setup. It has been a great success for us, still more to learn and to grow though 🙌
Business Marketing with Nika
Remote – I enjoy it more :)
Moaz Ahmad
Launching soon!
Heart say Remote Work, Mind says Onsite. At least for me........
Salar Davari
I believe most business owners prefer to gather their team members all in one place, but employees kindda like remote working I guess.
Robin Dhanwani
@salar__davari In my experience, employees do like remote working and sometimes people are more comfortable working in silos. But, I also feel like working in office allows team bonding better, strengthens company culture and also creates a growth-focused work environment. So maybe hybrid would be a good option?
My3 Murthy
Usually a mix of both but I prefer onsite- helps me focus & get stuff done
Robin Dhanwani
@my3_murthy That's interesting. Does your role involve interacting with people in office?
Zaheer Khan
Remote work gives more control over the environment.
Robin Dhanwani
@zaheer_khan6 Could you elaborate?
Robert Pim
Onsite work helps with team cohesion.
Kehui Guo
My ideal situation will be 70% remote and 30% onsite.
Steve Weatherby
Remote work allows for flexible hours.
Brad Prey
If you want flexibility than remote work is best
Sophia Gartner
Onsite work is great for immediate feedback
Tanya Sharath
Hybrid sounds like a great balance.
Aruna Neervannan
For certain jobs, it makes sense to work from office. In tech, most don't. Hybrid can be the best, but it depends on the terms.