• Subscribe
  • Go all-in or part-time?

Liu Alex
    11 replies
    To create a truly great product, do you think you need to quit your job and go all-in on your project, or can you keep your job and develop it as a side hustle?

Replies

Wilson Ler
    Great question! I always have that inner voice telling me while I was working another full-time role, that I can achieve a lot more by going full time on my project and (hopefully) raise funds before the end of my personal runway. This has been a huge dilemma for me for several months. I finally decided to take that leap of faith once I have a clear timeline and a clear vision. Sometimes, achieving a bit of market success from your project helps as well in knowing how much time you're currently spending to achieve that success and how much more success you can achieve if you were to go all in on it.
    Liu Alex
    @ler_ws I love this answer! Couldn't agree more :0 I've had many side hustles over the past few years, and the results were just 'not bad.' Looking back, I realized I need to go all-in on my next project. It's the only way to achieve what I need.
    Thomas Harper
    Going all-in means you can dedicate all your energy and resources to your venture. It’s a bold move, but it shows commitment and can speed up growth
    Sadam Ansari
    Maintaining a part-time approach helps manage risk by keeping your current job while you test the waters. It’s a way to balance security with entrepreneurship.
    Liu Alex
    @sadam_ansari_b That's a good point. Maintaining a part-time approach does help manage risk and provides security while exploring new ventures. However, for me, fully committing to my project was the only way to achieve the level of success I was aiming for.
    Munna Baskey
    Keeping your current job while working on your venture part-time ensures you have financial stability. It’s a way to reduce stress and avoid the pressure of immediate success
    Sukumar
    I’m going all-in because I want to fully focus on this and see quick results.
    William Campbell
    I’m starting part-time so I can juggle other tasks and ease into it without too much pressure.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Deciding between going all-in or part-time on your project is like choosing between diving headfirst into a pool or testing the waters with your toes first. Both can lead to a refreshing outcome, but one might make a bigger splash!