Do you use Notion? For what purposes do you use it?

Rupal Saini
24 replies
-> Documenting notes -> As a JIRA alternative for managing tasks and assigning team tasks -> Using its AI features for writing -> Publishing documents on the wiki -> or any other purposes?

Replies

I use ShowNotes.app :) Just a bit biased as I built it :)
Rupal Saini
@mjkabir @shownotes how is it different from Notion?
Zenda
Notion is an indispensable tool for me. For taking notes, collecting articles and keeping accounts, it has now become my second brain :D
Rupal Saini
I totally with you on that! It has become my go-to for everything—notes, task planning, writing, and brainstorming.
Ele
Internal wiki :)
Rupal Saini
@asd_za Wiki is a very powerful feature in it. I have also used it for collaborations/partnership document sharing with others publicly :)
Nick Zemlyanskiy
For me, Notion is a great knowledge base, I have a number of spaces, my own and shared ones. Recently I found "Full Width" button there, so Notion's only lack is now gone))
Rupal Saini
Yeah, our documents being centred used to annoy me as well. Full width helps with this. Notion has become my go-to for organizing everything too. My personal space is filled up with my notes and brainstorming ideas, and the shared space is basically company-related, filled with planning campaigns and docs :)
Planning and documenting all the product, solution, marketing and sales processes. Sometimes, I also write on Notion as it's distraction-free.
Rupal Saini
That's a great point, @vertikanigam. Like you, I do most of my brainstorming ideas and campaign planning on Notion.
Paulina Hryniewicz
Basically, every single thing and project at work! :)
Kshitij
Launching soon!
Planning, coordination, tasks, knowledge base, etc., both for personal and company use. Don't really use it for AI features yet to be honest.
Rupal Saini
Thanks for sharing @kshitij11. I do think they need to work more on the AI features side; it's still in the early stages. But, I've tested some of them, and they work well for certain prompts, like generating customized tables with instructions or for coordinating tasks, such as Slack notifications on task status changes, assigning tasks to teammates based on certain triggers.
Kshitij
Launching soon!
@rupal_saini agreed. I really like the recent button & automation-based features. The tricky thing with AI is the pricing, too, since it's credit-based. GPT 4o gets much more done much faster I believe. But definitely AI + Knowledge base would be a game changer in the future
Rupal Saini
@kshitij11 Yes, it will be. GPT-4o can be used for all types of use cases, but Notion will be differentiated specifically for its knowledge base with AI features involved. That would be great to see! But yeah i agree pricing also a point need to be considered.
Elaine Lu
Yes, I use Notion primarily for project management and personal organization. It's incredibly versatile for tracking tasks, setting goals, and maintaining a digital journal.
Rupal Saini
@elaineluyi I completely agree! I find the feature of linking pages within each other particularly useful, especially in tables where we can include more detailed instructions. Previously, we relied on JIRA for task management, but we've now fully transitioned to Notion, and it's proving effective for coordinating our remote team.
Launching soon!
I use Notion for organizing my project tasks, keeping track of deadlines, and collaborating with my team. Problem: Sometimes it can be overwhelming to manually create and schedule social media content for multiple platforms. Contentify can help by automating the creation and publishing of social media content, saving time and ensuring a consistent brand presence across all channels. Try Contentify AI for Free here: just look up Contentify AI.
Luca
I have been using Notion for years - for notetaking, task management and also for managing clients and projects for my digital marketing business. I am now also using Notion as the platform on which I built Focused on (launching soon 🚀). Focused is an all-in-one productivity system to help people identify their life goals, break these into manageable, trackable milestones and then manage daily tasks to achieve these goals. The idea is to make people sustainably productive, without being impacted by things such as stress and burnout.
Rupal Saini
@luca3927 That's great! Thanks for sharing about Focused. When are you planning to launch it?
Luca
@rupal_saini hopefully early July. I am just finishing a few things before launch. If you are interested, you can sign up for the waitlist here >>> https://focusednotion.me
Yes, I use Notion! I mainly use it for organizing my projects and keeping track of my daily tasks. It's such a versatile tool! By the way, I loved it so much that I even created a Notion avatar maker.
Ashit Vora
For personal stuff, I do. For work, I'm exploring Slack Canvases. I think Slack can replace everything for us - Communication Tool - Project Management / Bug Tracking Tool (its currently Asana) - Notes Taking (currently its GDocs)