Chat vs. Call? Spill the tea! What's your fave for customer service?

Rahul Agarwal
8 replies
The age-old debate: texting customer service (chat) or talking to a rep (call). It's a growing trend to see chatbot options offered, but some still prefer the human touch.

Replies

Personally, i don't like talking to bots. BUT, sometimes when it's a quick resource I'm finding on a company's knowledgebase, it's okay to have a bot give that direct link to the resource to me. ALSO, it's better to chat with a human to explain a complicated issue, or when the problem cannot be solved by one of their existing help articles. AND, sometimes when needed, I'm also open to connecting with the support staff over a video call to figure out the solution for my problem.
Andrew C.
CHAT any given day... it so much easier to keep track of conversations and commitments
Andrew C.
@rahul_agarwal23 absolutely... its the simplest form of solving problems of the customer... you use chat too?
Rahul Agarwal
@andrewcanday Yes Andrew, we do use chat for our customer support and have been getting really positive response from the customers
Kristan Servidad
Chat for quick and straightforward troubleshooting. Call for complex and in-depth questions.
Daniel Burns
Depends on the question and if the issue I am having needs a quick response or not. Generally, I prefer to chat when seeking a direct answer, if it isn't something urgent.