Chat vs. Call? Spill the tea! What's your fave for customer service?

Rahul Agarwal
8 replies
The age-old debate: texting customer service (chat) or talking to a rep (call). It's a growing trend to see chatbot options offered, but some still prefer the human touch.

Replies

Kristan Servidad
Chat for quick and straightforward troubleshooting. Call for complex and in-depth questions.
Andrew C.
CHAT any given day... it so much easier to keep track of conversations and commitments
Andrew C.
@rahul_agarwal23 absolutely... its the simplest form of solving problems of the customer... you use chat too?
Rahul Agarwal
@andrewcanday Yes Andrew, we do use chat for our customer support and have been getting really positive response from the customers
Personally, i don't like talking to bots. BUT, sometimes when it's a quick resource I'm finding on a company's knowledgebase, it's okay to have a bot give that direct link to the resource to me. ALSO, it's better to chat with a human to explain a complicated issue, or when the problem cannot be solved by one of their existing help articles. AND, sometimes when needed, I'm also open to connecting with the support staff over a video call to figure out the solution for my problem.
Daniel Burns
Depends on the question and if the issue I am having needs a quick response or not. Generally, I prefer to chat when seeking a direct answer, if it isn't something urgent.