• Subscribe
  • Announce your launch date beforehand, or keep it a surprise?

Robin Dhanwani
    13 replies
    My take on this is to Announce the launch date beforehand. It builds anticipation and allows for strategic marketing and engagement with the audience. However, I would love to know otherwise.

Replies

Christian Ross
    Let your goals guide you! The decision ultimately depends on your goals. If building anticipation and pre-orders is important, announce a date. If you want to create a splash with a surprise reveal, that can work too. Consider your target audience and what would resonate best with them.
    Rahul Agarwal
    I guess Announcing it would be better, coz then you could count on people who would be happy to help !
    I agree with announcing the launch date beforehand; it builds anticipation and allows for strategic marketing and engagement with the audience.
    Yvik Ye
    Better announcing it beforehand, unless you have ways to gain enough exposure during a short period when you launched.
    Debarpita Sen
    I would announce my launch date beforehand!
    Vaibhav
    Yes but the gap between announcing and launching shouldn't be more than a week. Building and maintaing a 'hype' is the real challenge!
    CY Zhou
    Announcing your launch date beforehand can build anticipation and allow for strategic marketing, but keeping it a surprise can create a buzz and drive immediate engagement. It depends on your brand's approach and audience preferences.
    Anastasia Liamets
    Better no surprises:)
    Vhim Jana
    If user acquisition is a major goal, a pre-launch announcement is often a better choice. It allows you to leverage marketing channels and social media to reach a wider audience and drive sign-ups. Additionally, transparency about your launch date builds trust with potential users who can plan for the release.
    Zachary
    The best approach depends on your target audience. If it's a niche market eagerly awaiting your product, a surprise launch could generate buzz and excitement. However, if your product caters to a broader audience or needs early user feedback, a pre-launch announcement might be more effective.
    David Joshua
    Announcing your launch date beforehand can be a strategic move! It allows you to build anticipation and generate excitement. You can create a pre-launch campaign to tease new features, gather feedback through early sign-ups, and connect with potential users who might become brand advocates on launch day.
    Sebastian
    Surprise can be strategic too! There might be cases where a surprise launch can be impactful. If you have a highly anticipated product with a strong existing following, a surprise drop can create a lot of buzz and excitement.
    Noah Christopher Bennett
    Personally I think it depends on your audience and marketing strategy. If you have a highly engaged audience that is excited for your launch, announcing the date can help build anticipation. It also allows you to do pre-launch marketing. On the other hand, a surprise launch can create more of a 'wow' factor and spark immediate interest. It really comes down to what approach best fits your product and audience in my opinion. Would love to hear others' thoughts on this!