• Subscribe
  • Announce your launch date beforehand, or keep it a surprise?

Robin Dhanwani
    13 replies
    My take on this is to Announce the launch date beforehand. It builds anticipation and allows for strategic marketing and engagement with the audience. However, I would love to know otherwise.

Replies

CY Zhou
    Announcing your launch date beforehand can build anticipation and allow for strategic marketing, but keeping it a surprise can create a buzz and drive immediate engagement. It depends on your brand's approach and audience preferences.
    Rahul Agarwal
    I guess Announcing it would be better, coz then you could count on people who would be happy to help !
    Success.ai
    Success.ai
    Launching soon!
    I agree with announcing the launch date beforehand; it builds anticipation and allows for strategic marketing and engagement with the audience.
    Yvik Ye
    Better announcing it beforehand, unless you have ways to gain enough exposure during a short period when you launched.
    Debarpita Sen
    I would announce my launch date beforehand!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Yes but the gap between announcing and launching shouldn't be more than a week. Building and maintaing a 'hype' is the real challenge!
    Anastasia Liamets
    Better no surprises:)
    Vhim Jana
    If user acquisition is a major goal, a pre-launch announcement is often a better choice. It allows you to leverage marketing channels and social media to reach a wider audience and drive sign-ups. Additionally, transparency about your launch date builds trust with potential users who can plan for the release.
    Zachary
    The best approach depends on your target audience. If it's a niche market eagerly awaiting your product, a surprise launch could generate buzz and excitement. However, if your product caters to a broader audience or needs early user feedback, a pre-launch announcement might be more effective.
    David Joshua
    Announcing your launch date beforehand can be a strategic move! It allows you to build anticipation and generate excitement. You can create a pre-launch campaign to tease new features, gather feedback through early sign-ups, and connect with potential users who might become brand advocates on launch day.
    Christian Ross
    Let your goals guide you! The decision ultimately depends on your goals. If building anticipation and pre-orders is important, announce a date. If you want to create a splash with a surprise reveal, that can work too. Consider your target audience and what would resonate best with them.
    Sebastian
    Surprise can be strategic too! There might be cases where a surprise launch can be impactful. If you have a highly anticipated product with a strong existing following, a surprise drop can create a lot of buzz and excitement.
    Noah Christopher Bennett
    Personally I think it depends on your audience and marketing strategy. If you have a highly engaged audience that is excited for your launch, announcing the date can help build anticipation. It also allows you to do pre-launch marketing. On the other hand, a surprise launch can create more of a 'wow' factor and spark immediate interest. It really comes down to what approach best fits your product and audience in my opinion. Would love to hear others' thoughts on this!