• Subscribe
  • With Community as a focal point in the SaaS space - what should PH do to stay ahead of the curve?

Daniel Zaitzow
    23 replies
    Curious what improvements people feel could be made on this platform the increase the community components?

Replies

Scott Todd
    Great topic! I think adding more interactive features, like live Q&A sessions with founders, could really boost community engagement. It would be awesome to connect directly!
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @scott__todd yea a few webinars - roadmapping - understanding what makes the platform tick and the vision behind it might help folks better engage / feel like part of the community!
    Simon Peter Damian
    Bring more deal searchers/hunters.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @theterminalguy Any suggestions for how they might do that? Incentives etc?
    Ludovica Eleazer
    Hey, I think staying ahead in the SaaS space really comes down to engaging with the community.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @ludovica_eleazer 100% Do you feel like the platform is doing a good job of that - or are there actionables that you think they could be doing a better job at?
    Indiana Joshi
    From my perspective, the key for Product Hunt is to build stronger connections within the SaaS community.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @indiana_joshi totally - do you seem them doing this or at least creating an ecosystem for this?
    Dashik Boeloepnaandong Amos
    I believe Product Hunt could lead the way by actively listening to community feedback and adapting quickly.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @dashik_boeloepnaandong_amos pretty vague! Any ideas for how they might do this beyond ways they already are?! Couldn't agree more - eager to hear what you think they could do better!
    Leland Kuphal
    PH could enhance community interactions by offering more ways to reward active users badges, ranks, or exclusive perks for those who contribute the most. it would motivate more engagement.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @leland_kuphal I LOVE the idea of adding more gamification that might actually equate to more visibility / authority / ranks / maybe access permissions (similar to like a blue check or a verified account). I like perks for quality of submissions and quality of community insight. I do think they've done a great job with the awards / but maybe having a monthly award for the most engaged person / highlighted contributor where their business or at least profile are promoted / given a spotlight.
    Shania Jennings
    Better integration with social platforms might help too. If people could more easily share insights, discussions,or even their favorite products from PH to other network it could expand the community.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @shania_jennings for sure - I think they do a decent job of that but I think even more might help their own visibility too.
    Bartosz Strickland
    Hosting regular live events or webinars would make a big difference. Let founders share their journey, and users ask questions something more interactive to keep the community active.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @bartosz_strickland Totally agree - I think even a prerecorded video (way less lift than an interactive one) where founders / leaders / heads of departments at PH are explaining hey this is our vision - this is why we aren't doing it X way and this is what we want.
    Gwendolyn Kira
    I'd love to see more collaborative projects or challenges that encourage users to work together. It could strengthen the community vibe!
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @gwendolyn_kira I never thought of incentivizing folks to collaborate on projects - what a neat idea. What do you think that might look like in more detail?
    Jack Hayes
    One idea could be creating dedicated spaces for niche topics or specific interests. That way, users can find like-minded people more easily!
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @jackhayes yea more categories that a niched down so if I want to find X subset of users or companies or products I can search better ie: better indexing.
    Eden Hayes
    I think PH could benefit from stronger user profiles more like social networks. Let people showcase their contributions, products, and expertise in a more engaging way, which would build stronger connections.
    Eric Foster
    A dedicated community forum would be awesome! Somewhere for users to exchange ideas, ask questions, and help each other outside of product discussions. It would keep people engaged even after launch
    George C Lynn
    I’d love to see more collaboration features, like group challenges or hackathons. These could encourage community member to work together and build new product fostering a deeper sense of connection.