Why did you close your last startup?

Artem Bukharin
9 replies
Please share the reasons for deciding to close your last project. It will help new founders avoid making the same mistakes.

Replies

Trader BinQosim
I cant really relate hmmmm I will like to hear people's experience
Hossein Yazdi
I haven't closed it, but I'm currently spending less time on it because I haven't implemented a correct payment strategy for it from the start, and it's impossible to change it now.
Artem Bukharin
@hosseinyazdi Could you tell us about it in detail? It could help other people to not repeat it
Marie-Philippe Leblanc
Hmmm for me it was because I wasn't capable of seeing it into a startup that was big enough for my liking. Which means that either it wasn't the right market or I wasn't the right person for it
Artem Bukharin
Have you defined criteria for new projects after this experience? What are they? I have determined that if it is not possible to generate 5M+ EBITDA, I will not take on such a business
Elena Tsemirava
The idea was too complex to implement, and I couldn't find a developer co-founder who could execute it within a reasonable time.
Artem Bukharin
@elenat Could you share this idea? It could be a good example to discuss
Gurkaran Singh
We shut down our last startup because pivoting more times than a ballet dancer at a salsa party didn't quite lead us to the right dance floor. Learning to twirl in sync with market demands is a whole new kind of tango!
We weren't able to find any customers for our solution and received an offer from other startup founders who already had founders. It is hard to tell if it is a good decision or not because another startup launched the same solution a year later after we closed ours. They currently have a valuation of more than $80 Billion. This startup with this valuation is OpenAI, and the solution is ChatGPT. Unexpectedly, before the ChatGPT launch, we had a hard time explaining to people for what reason they need a generative AI chatbot, especially when Google already exists. After ChatGPT, things changed significantly in this space...