• Subscribe
  • Which social channels work best for product creators?

Natalia Demianenko
    12 replies
    It's challenging to grow an audience across multiple platforms. Based on your experience, where is the best place to post content? I’m developing an AI scraper, and my target audience includes professionals from various fields who need to gather and analyze data. I currently use Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, and I also write articles on Medium and Dev.to. Recently, I’ve become more active on ProductHunt. So far, it seems that Reddit generates the most interest in my product, offering valuable feedback. LinkedIn is useful for finding users, while Twitter seems better for sharing the creation story and development nuances - though my audience there might be more developer-focused. Medium has been my go-to for sharing testing experiences, making it difficult to shift focus, and Dev.to is again mostly for developers. What’s your experience? What’s your product, and where does your content get the most traction?

Replies

Asher Luca
    Reddit is useful for niche communities where you can share products with highly interested users.
    Angelo Bram
    Instagram is ideal for visually showcasing products and connecting with a creative audience.
    Anthony Mark
    Pinterest is perfect for driving traffic through high-quality images, especially for niche products.
    Arvid Boaz
    Esty works well for creators selling handmade or vintage products, integrating social features with e-commerce.
    Asher Bennett
    Twitter is great for quick updates, customer engagement, and sharing industry news.
    Atlas Reid
    YouTube allows product creators to dive deep with tutorials, unboxing, and detailed content.
    Axel Monroe
    Snapchat effectively reaches a younger audience with behind-the-scenes content and product teasers.
    Beckett Thomas
    Facebook offers a broad reach and targeted advertising options for various demographics.
    Andrew C.
    i feel... insta would be the best fit for product creators
    Emily Grace Bennett
    Totally! Instagram works great for showing off products visually and connecting with a creative community. TikTok is also gaining a lot of traction for product creators since the short video format is super engaging. LinkedIn can be solid too for B2B products to reach potential customers or partners. Really depends on your product and target audience but those are some of the best channels to start with!
    Michael Turner
    Twitter works well for directly engaging with potential customers through tweets, threads, and spaces. LinkedIn is great for B2B products to reach decision makers. And don't sleep on Reddit - niche subreddits can have super passionate users that love discovering new tools. The key is knowing your target personas and being authentic in each community.