Which one is the MVP?🌟

Arda Sanıl Onay
8 replies
Hello, Product Hunt community👋🏻 today, I’m here with another discussion for you. Is the development team more important in a startup or the marketing team? In Contentrain, we are curious about your opinions on the subject we are discussing among ourselves.🤓 Because this is a very open subject for discussion. That’s why we chose this place as the deciding point on this topic. We know both are key parts of a startup or business but what if you choose one of them? 🔑 Marketing teams can provide to reach your lead generation easier way and in this way, you can sell your product or service to correct people. But on the other side of the coin, if there is no product to sell, in that case, you don't need to market anything. Please, if you are a developer or marketer, do not take sides in the comments and be impartial. 😅

Replies

Sercan Oray
hmm I don't want to separate my team into two sides, I love you all guys. Cheers 🥂
It's like asking which side of the scissors is more important – both are integral for the function of the tool. However, if I were to highlight one, I'd lean more towards the development team, especially during the early stages of a startup. An excellent product or service is the heart of a business. Without a well-functioning, value-bringing product, there's little a marketing team can do. No matter how great the marketing, a poor product would eventually lead to dissatisfied customers and a tarnished brand image.
Arda Sanıl Onay
@ako61142833 Yes, that's a good view about the discussion. If there is no product to market, as you said, no matter how good the marketing activities are, it is not very important.✅
Can DEVE
I think they're like a part of a whole thing.
Arda Sanıl Onay
@notcan You're right. Actually, they are like links in a chain connected to each other🔗
Feyzan A.
I think they're both equally important in a team. A well-developed app plus the greatest marketeers is the key to success. :)
Arda Sanıl Onay
@etjecode That's a good view. You're right. If two sides of the product flow without problem, as you said, that brings success✨