Which emoji do you find most confusing? (And what does the research say?)

In the world, there should be in overall about ~3,700+ emojis; Here: https://unicode.org/emoji/charts... The Company Word Tips conducted research and tried to identify the most confusing emojis across countries (cultures). They compiled a list of 1,644 commonly used emojis and used the Ahrefs Keyword Explorer tool to calculate the average monthly search volume for each [emoji] + “meaning” in every country. Key Findings: 🥺 (pleading face) is the most searched emoji in 51 countries, including the U.S., making it the world’s most confusing emoji. 😏 (smirking face) is the UK’s most confusing emoji. 🙃 (upside-down face) is the most confusing emoji in Canada and Australia. 💖 (sparkling heart) is the most confusing emoji in Argentina. Which emoji do you find confusing? BTW ➡️ If you leave me there your EMAIL, I will send you in a weekly newsletter another study on this point. https://forms.gle/b6gZgYPVEmLg9xuE8

Replies

Ohans Emmanuel
It's got to be this: 😏 Is it a wink, a flirt, or just a funny face LOL. To be fair, other than the basic emojis, I'm confused almost every time depending on the context. P.S Why are there several love emojis: ❤️💚💙💜 (I bet each colour has its own meaning 😅)
Business Marketing with Nika
@ohansemmanuel Regarding hearts – I would like to know the meaning of colours but in general, I think that in different cultures they can mean totally different things. Regarding 😏 – I tried to search for meaning: "smirking face represents the facial expression of a smirk. It's used to communicate a range of feelings, including smugness, self-confidence, self-indulgence, mischief, cheeky humor, and general satisfaction. 😏 Smirking face especially implies, however, flirtation and sexual innuendo." BUT – I do not think that it reflects some sexual meaning :D
Toni
Super interesting study . Gotta say this one is confusing to me: 🧿
Dan O'Malley
@toni_pm I have no idea what that one is! Not sure I've ever seen it...
Jose Rodríguez
For me it was moai(🗿), I use it as my products logo😂
@stan8086 why? :D do you have any relationship with New Zealand? :D
Sree
The sparkle ✨ emoji. This has become the de-facto emoji for AI now but what does it actually mean? There's an interesting video by David Imel on "How AI Stole the ✨ Sparkles ✨ Emoji" in YT. He explores the history of emojis (which originated in Japan around the 1990s), discusses their evolution to the present day, interviews the creator of the first set of emojis (which included the sparkle emoji!!), and examines their cultural significance.
Peter Hansen
That's what I love about your posts; they are very often based on research. Thanks.
@trumpeter thank you. :) I love also documentaries :D so maybe once I'll create some topic from documovies I watch :)
Ramona J. Hicks
Interesting Info. I personally get confused by ❤. Can't undrestand what other person seems to express.
Gurkaran Singh
Navigating through the world of emojis can be as tricky as debugging code on a Monday morning! Personally, I find the 🙃 (upside-down face) emoji quite puzzling. How about you?