Where and how would you find clients for your freelancing/maker business?

Erik Hudak
8 replies
I would be especially interested in hearing about the unusual ways and places you use. Hello everyone, I am Erik - founder of Billdu, invoicing app for small businesses and freelancers. Since we have quite a few freelancers using Billdu for their invoicing we decided we want to provide them with more value and help. That is why we decided to prepare a "Freelancers starter pack" - a guide full of actionable advice for modern freelancers to help them scale and run their freelancing businesses. We want the starter pack to include resources, a directory of helpful tools, and recommendations for tackling multiple problems. The topics we want to start with are: - how to get your clients - how to get paid on time - more coming (suggestions welcomed) BTW we are launching Billdu for freelancers, on Wednesday 17th August:, and we have a sweet deal prepared (sign up here to get notified).

Replies

Tade Adamjak
My personal network brought me the first clients, and then it was mostly word of mount and references of previous clients. So, I would recommend building a strange personal brand (with content, case studies, etc.) that helps immensely.
Launching soon!
All the best with your launch.
Erik Hudak
@qudsia_ali Hello we are currently live with the launch: https://www.producthunt.com/post... and would love your feedback.
Alex Robinson
There are a few ways to find clients for your freelancing/maker business. You can search for clients on websites like Elance or oDesk, or you can contact companies directly and inquire about contracting work. You can also network with other freelancers and makers to find potential clients. Finally, you can promote your business through social media and online platforms like Etsy.
Erik Hudak
@alex_vidon_ai Thank you for your input. Actually never heard about Elance or oDesk before - great addition. I know that UpWork and Fiverr can be a great start for freelancers. Do you know about any other similar sites? I am thinking of preparing some kind of directory.
GamerSeo
Commenting on blogs and guest posts can bring very good results.
Erik Hudak
@gamerseo Could you elaborate a bit on this? How exactly would you go about commenting to acquire clients?