• Subscribe
  • When should I leave a company or organization?

Shai
    5 replies
    Have you ever wondered when to move on from a company or organization? 🚧 Limited growth opportunities: 

If you feel that your professional growth has plateaued, and there is no clear path for advancement or skill development within the company, it might be time to explore new opportunities elsewhere. 🌱 Personal values misalignment

: When the company's values no longer align with your own, it's time to find an organization that speaks to your soul. 🏔️ Peak performance

If: You've scaled the heights of your current role and there's no more room to grow, it's time to seek out new mountains to climb. 💜 Life's too short

: If your job consistently demands excessive hours, negatively impacting your personal life and well-being. 💡 New aspirations

: As you grow personally and professionally, your career goals may evolve. If your current company does not offer opportunities that align with your new aspirations, it's worth considering a change. 🔥 Passion extinguished: 

If the spark that once ignited your enthusiasm has dimmed, consider finding a role that will rekindle your passion. Do you resonate with these points? Would you like to add more on this front?

Replies

Svitlana Palamarchuk
    Hey Shai, You've hit the nail on the head with these points. I would just add that sometimes it's not as clear cut. You might still like the work you're doing, but perhaps the culture of the company has changed or your relationship with your boss or coworkers has deteriorated. That can make a big difference in your job satisfaction and is definitely a valid reason to consider moving on.
    Alex Szczurek
    Different goals, lousy treatment, lack of understanding of your position etc But you put it straight and very nicely!
    Mei
    It it doesn't bring you joy, isn't aligned with the life you want for yourself and doesn't make you happy, it's always best to walk away.
    Divya
    When you feel that your work and position are not being valued, when you feel that your saturation point has arrived and you no longer have anything to offer to the organization.
    Warda Bukhari
    hi @shaikrish 👋 I love your take on this and can safely agree that we all have experienced a section of these in our careers. One thing I would add though is, lack of a good manager or even worse, a manager from hell. Bad managers can wreck confidence, harbour un-productivity and create an overall toxic environment. An absolute lose-lose situation!