What would your occupation be if you lived 100 years ago?

Ghulam Abbas
27 replies

Replies

Moaz Ahmad
Launching soon!
Probably some job that doesn't require me to deal so much with people.
Carpenter for sure!
Yuki
@anushkakarmakar Why carpenter of all things? Not judging just curious :)
@yukioyama I love playing with wood and building small, usable things. Sadly, it pays much less than my current occupation in India. Or else, I would have explored it more :)
Yuki
@anushkakarmakar Gotcha. I actually used to woodwork and carve myself! It's super fun. Some of my buddies have been getting into carving lamps lately!
Yuki
@euler_marrie in what climate?
Chris Liam
I would've been a poet Lol
If I lived 100 years ago, I'd likely be a librarian, surrounded by the wisdom of books and the quiet stories they hold. It's a timeless occupation that bridges past and future, one page at a time.
Joseph Natoli
Considering 100 years ago was 1924, I would hopefully end up at IBM interacting with the famous tabulator computing system ;p
Yurii Holovanov
I'd probably want to be a writer. But some kind of salt mine is definitely more realistic possibility :D
Yuki
Probably a mechanic!
Milli Sen
Doctor. It's a well-paid, elite and stable profession.
Julie Su
I could have been a telegram operator. During a time when instant communication was just blossoming, being at the forefront of telegraphy would mean connecting people across distances unimaginable before. Sending coded messages through Morse code, I would have been part of a network that was the precursor to today’s digital communication. It's fascinating to think about being a key player in an industry that revolutionized how people and businesses communicated globally.
Marienelle Cano
I think I would be a vampire 😂