What was your best growth hack?

Sam D.
21 replies

Replies

Roy Patterson
Referral program, hands down. Gave both sides a sweet deal and watched it spread like wildfire.
Sam D.
@roypatterson68 would love to talk with you about it if you have some time to spare for a fellow entrepreneur! ๐Ÿ‘€
"I offered free trials to get people hooked on my product." This is a classic growth hack that many companies have used to great success. By offering a free trial, you can give people a chance to try your product without any risk. This can be a great way to generate leads and convert them into customers.
Olena Bomko
Be active on LinkedIn ๐Ÿ˜Š
Sam D.
@olenabomko Sure thing ;) I have been using it for some time when I had my no code agency and it was worth it!
Johny burg
"I constantly tested and optimized my marketing campaigns." This is one of the most important growth hacks of all. By constantly testing and optimizing your marketing campaigns, you can find what works best for your business and improve your results over time.
Daniel Zaitzow
Going to a few conferences where people in the community will be so I am hoping personal connections at scale might help? Not quite there yet but let me know if you find the secret sauce!
Sam D.
@dzaitzow Fair enough Daniel! But is this really working at scale? To me and I may be wrong, growth hack leads to scale and since you have to spare time to go to a conference and have small talks to people on a SaaS, would it be really worth it for a growth strategy?
Daniel Zaitzow
@sam_duc Not a hack by any means but I think - at least in the online marketing ecosystem - a lot of the initiatives are affiliate led. Lots of the people at these conferences have huge followings on their socials so if we can showcase the product and offer them incentives (affiliate % of sales they generate) they act as ambassadors for the product. I think in some instances its really important to put a face to the name and make a personal connection which may (or may not) help to have them review/promote/share the product.
Andrรฉ J
Launching soon!
Do authentic stuff, look for asymmetrical opportunities. If someone is talking about a grown hack on the internet, it has already ceased to work.
Sam D.
@sentry_co That's a great point thanks mate. Do you have example you have used to illustrate your case?
Andrรฉ J
Launching soon!
@sam_duc Go against the established norms. Dont follow trends. do things that are opposite of trends. as an example. we started to. build the opposite of cloud password managers im 2020. in 2022 lastpass leaked 30m accounts. so now our no-cloud password manager is red hot. ๐Ÿ˜
Ask for feedback from the audience works excellent for me, and by the way, today we have our first launch EVER - RevMyWork ๐Ÿš€ We'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and give us your thoughts about the product ๐Ÿ™ Thank you!
Steve Lou
Growth hacks are really specific to your business, your target personas, etc. I don't think there are generic growth hacks that work across the board anymore :) That said, if you want to get feedback, grow users, or increase your sales, simple recipe: provide value to them (help them resolve their pain points), ask them feedback, and implement them into your product roadmap.
Sam D.
@steve_lourdessamy 100% aligned with what you said. However, the question was to know YOUR best growthack, not to steal it, but to know how you or others would have think about it!
Steve Lou
@sam_duc my bad then! In my previous business, my target persona was a typical writer on medium. It wasn't possible to message people on the medium platform. However, it turned out that 80% of medium handles were the same as their owners' Twitter accounts. Finding them on Twitter was really easy. What was your best growth hack?
Sam D.
@steve_lourdessamy Honestly it was not the one that converted the most but it was the one I loved the most. We, entrepreneurs, are all facing this targeting issue. And lot of times, you receive sales emails from people you don't even know and you can see they are not good at building relationships and sale to someone. But I don't really have time to answer to that kind of email so what I do is, once a day for 10 minutes, I put all these sales messages into a Gmail Folder called 'automations' so that once a day, there is a make automation running that takes those emails, running into GPT 4 to properly answer to the sender and make a transition about my product and how it could benefits to him/her or the affected company. People are so shocked to get a reply back that they are much more curious about what I tell them!