What type of discussions do you prefer on the Product Hunt most?

I want to create the right ratio of what is wanted. I'm not saying I'll serve it all the time, but I'm curious what your favourite is. Explanatory notes: Long format – discussing deep topics in essays, writing a long list. Short format – breaking down the deep topic into fewer "bullets" (used fewer characters in the article). Polls – you just vote for one of the options, like the example in this post. "Deep" questions – asking questions related to the industry. It can be difficult topics, where together we come up with the problem and solutions, and exchange experiences. "Rest" questions – easy, fun topic, questions like "Are you a cat person or a dog person?"

Replies

Thomas Hansen
I enjoy discussions that provide valuable insights and foster community engagement. By the way, we just launched our product today! Follow us and try it out with a 7-day free trial.
Tymek Zapała
For me it will be short format covering serious topics. I just like to read short, concise pieces of text. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other types of discussions :)
Business Marketing with Nika
@tymzap Good to know, it is quite difficult to fit in a short format but I practice that on Twitter (AKA fit under 280 characters :D)
ZenDevX - No-Code Development Platform
Bulleted points on very specific topics can really help, without parsing long conversational topics.
Umar Saleem
i prefer a Short format discussion
Mark Lemuel M
I do create poll on serious questions. For example "quantity vs quality". Everytime I arrange questions like this I eliminate the least votes based on the minds of the innovative people here on PH, Apply and execute it immediately.
@kilopolki TBH, I like the most last category because even when you ask very easy questions, you can then ask "Why?" and that's when the most interesting part happens. You observe the psychology behind that decision – true personality.
Mark Lemuel M
@busmark_w_nika it is true. guess what? the poll that won is "quantity" in PH. It has majority of reasons over quality but yeah. simple explanation is the country like China. they won the "quantity" game over consumer based products. Nevertheless both are excellent if you can execute it together.
@kilopolki Both are ideal, but be honest, who has that amount of time and overall capacity? :D
Haiqa Irfan
Short-format discussions covering serious topics are my favorite. They provide quick, insightful exchanges without overwhelming me with too much information at once. However, I also appreciate the occasional deep question to dive into more complex issues. Variety keeps things interesting and engaging.
Federico Zuluaga Knorr
For me, it depends on the topic. For example, with topics around development, growth hacking, tips & tricks or tutorials, I like a more detailed description to better understand the information and to be able to ask follow-up questions. When it comes to more casual questions or simpler topics, I'm a fan of not making things unnecessarily long :D
@federico_zuluaga_knorr Understand the approach. When you are keen on something, the longer – the better :D
Olena Bomko
Case studies and deep questions :)
@olenabomko I suppose you are more analytical, aren't you? :)
I normally go with short discussions
@busmark_w_nika I don't have a problem It's just that I prefer to go with short as I normally stuck with many things 😂
Yvik Ye
Launching soon!
I like the short one. Cuz I don't wanna read a long article, that's really annoyed.
@xspiral how many characters should I keep it? :)
Milli Sen
Short format, helpful topics.
@millisen Guys, this is the most difficult! :D To be short but informative :D But challenge excepted :D
Dan O'Malley
I voted for short format, but I also like polls to see a general opinion about something quickly. For example, a poll I posted asked if people prefer monthly or annual paid subscriptions for SaaS products. Not only was I able to see what people preferred, but they asked clarifying questions and generously gave their reasons in their replies. Btw, monthly won by a landslide.
@dan_o_malley I think it depends on the product and necessity to have that product :D I am more likely to buy one-time purchase :D but is is only my preference :D
Vaibhav
Short format works better. Especially the ones with polls :)
Kostya Bolshukhin
Rest questions on PH feels like noise at best. Even for a question I prefer to get some insights. Like from this pool I get tips on posting for PH discussions. Best articles I read were "Learnings" on building great product + space to get opinions form community on topic.
@kostyabolsh OK, so you prefer personal experiences over other topics?
Nsikan Dickson
I prefer the short format, but I have a question. Very strong question that I want to ask you if you can answer me this question I’m ready to help you out for something.
Nsikan Dickson
Ask me and I will drop it for you
Salar Davari
Good question. I personally like questions that really give someone something!! don't for how long we're gonna see questions like, "What are you doing this weekend? or Twitter or LinkedIn? Coffee or Tea?" There are lots of questions like these that I find useless.
@salar__davari Good to know. Where do you thing that these vague questions would be great? Which platform or discussion occasion?
Zaheer Khan
I'm into discussions about scaling products and handling growth challenges.
Robert Pim
I like threads that explore customer service tools and strategies.