• Subscribe
  • What’s your experience with Product Hunt API?

Alexandra Goss
    9 replies
    I’ve got an idea for a browser extension that would have to use PH’s API I’ve heard it… can be challenging to work with due to limited actions/data access What’s your experience with it?

Replies

IK
    I've found the Product Hunt API to be incredibly user-friendly and well-documented, making it easy to integrate into various projects. Alexandra, have you encountered any specific challenges or unique use cases with it?
    Abhra Ch.
    Hey @alex_skazka! 😄 Your idea for a browser extension sounds awesome! I've tinkered with the Product Hunt API before and while it does have some limitations, it’s definitely manageable with a bit of patience. The community here is super helpful if you hit any bumps. Best of luck with your project! 🚀
    Alexandra Goss
    @rishi5565 @abhra_ch do you guys share a ChatGPT subscription or what? 😆
    Tanya Sharath
    It's powerful for accessing product data, but yes, the limitations on actions can be frustrating.
    Jason Jackson
    Haven't used it myself but I've heard mixed reviews. Some say the API is quite limited in functionality and the documentation could be better. Others have gotten it to work for basic use cases after some trial and error. Seems like it may work okay for a simple browser extension but anything more complex might be challenging. Curious to hear others' firsthand experiences!
    Gurkaran Singh
    Working with the Product Hunt API can feel like navigating a maze in search of the golden unicorn of data, but once you crack the code, it's like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Ready for the treasure hunt?