What's your Browser of choice?

Isaac Martin Otim
31 replies
Trying to find out what browsers are popular and worth supporting for plugin development.

Replies

George Burmistrov
I tried Opera, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome and I'm using Chrome. Can't say for sure why, maybe because back when I was looking for a browser that would fit me best I picked Chrome and stayed on it. I know how this thing works and I use Google's ecosystem so yeah, it's like with Apple devices or gaming consoles, if you stay on these for long enough it's difficult to depart.
Isaac Martin Otim
@burmistrov hah, yes Google has done a stellar job seamlessly integrating its products into Chrome!
Aditya
Brave or Mozilla Firefox browsers of choice.
Isaac Martin Otim
@issabela_hazz Edge and Brave seem to be polar opposites 🤔 how do you pick which to use?
Isaac Martin Otim
@savia_salaria at this point Chrome seems to be the most popular option!
Artyom Sviridov
I'd prefer Chrome or Opera.
Annitah
I mostly use Opera and Safari
George Aleesu
Always Chrome!
Cecilia Tran
I used Brave for a bit due to the ad-blocking aspect of it and it felt faster than Chrome. But that was a while ago and the move of all my passwords and such didn't really convert over properly to Brave so I had to keep going back to Chrome because of that, ultimately making me stop using Brave since it became more time-consuming than rewarding.
Isaac Martin Otim
@ceciliaatraan I completely understand! Password management/migration is one of the key reasons I've been hesitant to fully switch to a different browser
Dima Tryhubenko
Switched to Arc from Chrome, never coming back
Isaac Martin Otim
@minuteos was wondering where the Arc crew was 😂😂 Poll still at 0%
Dima Tryhubenko
@izakotim I was quite surprised to not see any mentions in the comments 😁
Aaron Kong
Ive been switching from browser to browser 24/7. I honestly love Firefox, but it has limitations with compatibility with some of the extensions. Hence why I am now back on Chrome.
Isaac Martin Otim
@aaron_kong I too have a soft spot for Firefox. It used to have really intuitive web dev tools integrated by Chrome remains my daily driver