• Subscribe
  • What's the most challenging part of community building?

TheBigK
    26 replies
    I wish to know from fellow members about the most challenging part of community building. I've spent over 15 years building online communities and recently developed a platform that lets you build your own community. I'll be happy to answer your questions about community building.

Replies

Ayaz Akram
    Coordinating events and activities that appeal to a diverse group of members can be quite tough.
    TheBigK
    @ayaz_akram Yep, it is. Is yours niche based community or covers wide range of topics?
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    The most challenging part of community building is fostering trust and a sense of belonging among community members.
    TheBigK
    @qudsia_ali That's true. It's difficult to build a culture of trust and belonging.
    Daria Ofitserova
    Starting from zero. It’s like being the first to dance in an empty hall— a bit embarrassing 🙂 But once the crowd starts dancing, others will join.
    TheBigK
    @daria_ofitserova - spot on! For every community I built; the first few months were the most difficult. However, my patience was always rewarded. The community RoI beats everything else out there. Are you building a community, Daria?
    Paul
    @daria_ofitserova how and where do you guys build communities effectively? Love your analogy btw
    TheBigK
    @daria_ofitserova @paul75 - I'm building a platform to build your community. If you are looking to build a community, I'd love to talk. Let me know.
    Robyn Kline
    I find it tough to foster a sense of belonging and ownership among members to encourage long-term commitment.
    TheBigK
    @robyn_kline That's a good one. A community needs to evolve with time to serve its members. How do you plan to address this?
    Lauren Miranda
    building and maintaining engagement - it requires a lot of effort, facilitation, prompting, events, etc to keep the energy up - especially early on.
    TheBigK
    @lauren_miranda - spot on. Yep; it's lot of efforts but community is a RoI heaven. I'm addressing this issue through our upcoming community platform. Would love to discuss. PS: Pearl looks very promising. I'll connect with you over LinkedIn.
    Amard Sonal
    Sustaining long-term engagement, especially after the initial excitement fades, is something I constantly work on.
    TheBigK
    @amard_sonal It's a challenge for sure. But modern community platforms should make it easy for the community owners. Is there anything specific that's worked for you to keep users engaged?
    Hana Salazars
    I find it challenging to measure the impact and success of community-building efforts effectively.
    TheBigK
    @hana_salazars - This is super important. I wish to know - how do you define community success? Are there any special metrics you follow?
    Debra Hetrick
    I often struggle with creating a structure that supports both casual interactions and deeper, meaningful discussions.
    TheBigK
    @debra_hetrick - wow, this is interesting. Could you share more about your community? I might have a few ideas.
    Debra Salt
    Ensuring that the community evolves with its members’ needs while staying true to its purpose is a balancing act.
    TheBigK
    @debra_salt - Yes; but the onus should not be on you. I'm curious to know a bit more about your community. I may have a few tips.
    Jackson Oscar
    It can be difficult to manage and mitigate the spread of misinformation within the community.
    TheBigK
    @jackson_oscar - this is a global problem and almost impossible to control. Would love to know a bit more.
     Nick Zack
    I find it challenging to encourage peer-to-peer support and build a network of active contributors.
    TheBigK
    @zack_nick - interesting .
    Gurkaran Singh
    Navigating through community drama is like debugging code - it requires patience, a keen eye for details, and a good sense of humor to avoid crashing!