• Subscribe
  • What's the most challenging part of community building?

TheBigK
    26 replies
    I wish to know from fellow members about the most challenging part of community building. I've spent over 15 years building online communities and recently developed a platform that lets you build your own community. I'll be happy to answer your questions about community building.

Replies

Launching soon!
    The most challenging part of community building is fostering trust and a sense of belonging among community members.
    Daria Ofitserova
    Starting from zero. It’s like being the first to dance in an empty hall— a bit embarrassing 🙂 But once the crowd starts dancing, others will join.
    TheBigK
    @daria_ofitserova - spot on! For every community I built; the first few months were the most difficult. However, my patience was always rewarded. The community RoI beats everything else out there. Are you building a community, Daria?
    Paul
    @daria_ofitserova how and where do you guys build communities effectively? Love your analogy btw
    TheBigK
    @daria_ofitserova @paul75 - I'm building a platform to build your community. If you are looking to build a community, I'd love to talk. Let me know.
    Robyn Kline
    I find it tough to foster a sense of belonging and ownership among members to encourage long-term commitment.
    TheBigK
    @robyn_kline That's a good one. A community needs to evolve with time to serve its members. How do you plan to address this?
    Lauren Miranda
    building and maintaining engagement - it requires a lot of effort, facilitation, prompting, events, etc to keep the energy up - especially early on.
    TheBigK
    @lauren_miranda - spot on. Yep; it's lot of efforts but community is a RoI heaven. I'm addressing this issue through our upcoming community platform. Would love to discuss. PS: Pearl looks very promising. I'll connect with you over LinkedIn.
    Amard Sonal
    Sustaining long-term engagement, especially after the initial excitement fades, is something I constantly work on.
    TheBigK
    @amard_sonal It's a challenge for sure. But modern community platforms should make it easy for the community owners. Is there anything specific that's worked for you to keep users engaged?
    Hana Salazars
    I find it challenging to measure the impact and success of community-building efforts effectively.
    TheBigK
    @hana_salazars - This is super important. I wish to know - how do you define community success? Are there any special metrics you follow?
    Debra Hetrick
    I often struggle with creating a structure that supports both casual interactions and deeper, meaningful discussions.
    TheBigK
    @debra_hetrick - wow, this is interesting. Could you share more about your community? I might have a few ideas.
    Ayaz Akram
    Coordinating events and activities that appeal to a diverse group of members can be quite tough.
    TheBigK
    @ayaz_akram Yep, it is. Is yours niche based community or covers wide range of topics?
    Debra Salt
    Ensuring that the community evolves with its members’ needs while staying true to its purpose is a balancing act.
    TheBigK
    @debra_salt - Yes; but the onus should not be on you. I'm curious to know a bit more about your community. I may have a few tips.
    Jackson Oscar
    It can be difficult to manage and mitigate the spread of misinformation within the community.
    TheBigK
    @jackson_oscar - this is a global problem and almost impossible to control. Would love to know a bit more.
     Nick Zack
    I find it challenging to encourage peer-to-peer support and build a network of active contributors.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Navigating through community drama is like debugging code - it requires patience, a keen eye for details, and a good sense of humor to avoid crashing!