• Subscribe
  • What's the best way to get product reviews?

Lisa Steingold
    18 replies
    I'd love to get a bunch of video reviews for our product usewhale. I'd be grateful for ideas on the best way to do this.

Replies

Christoph Dyllick-Brenzinger
    Implement a workflow or routine to ask customers, at the moment there are happy: We try to provide great user support via community forum and email. Every time we solve the problem of a customer, we ask the customer to write a short quote about us on one of the major platforms. In this way, we have quite a good response rate. Just asking them over and over via newsletter or on the website was not successful for us.
    Lisa Steingold
    @christoph_dyllick_brenzinger1 Thank you for sharing this! It's super helpful!
    John from Yotta Buzz
    The key is to have options for people: a) a one sentence quote, b) a short video testimonial, c) a case study, etc. But above all, you must ALWAYS BE ASKING. :)
    Lisa Steingold
    @yotta_buzz Yes! Like ABC :-) Always be asking!
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    The first ones are the most important. I personally ask early users make a video testimonial or write a text — sent senja link to make it a 1 step action https://www.producthunt.com/prod... — remind regularly — prepared 3 questions to help — also i suggested everyone to record it together on a call if its easier So you need to grind!
    Lisa Steingold
    @kostyabolsh Like this but with @adeeb_malik suggestion of making it easy for them. So maybe asking specific questions and even interviewing them for 10 minutes which is easier for most people than thinking what to say.
    Eveertee
    I've found that it works well to ask for reviews right after customers have a positive experience. Making it easy for customers to share their thoughts through personal follow-ups or surveys is effective.
    Lisa Steingold
    @eveertee_e Absolutely! And then building that into a process so the positive experiences flow and each time they do, you get a customer review.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Getting video reviews for usewhale? Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Just sprinkle some tech magic, offer users virtual cookies for feedback, and watch those reviews swim in like a whale in the ocean! 🐳🌟
    Sitara Ismail
    It can be effective to ask happy customers for reviews in a polite way. Sometimes, just making it easy for them to leave feedback—like using a one-click review link—can make a big difference.
    Lisa Steingold
    @sitara_ismail yes! The way you say it makes a difference!
    Adeeb Malik
    Writing scares people. I like to think that users want to give reviews but find it a hassle to write, click on links, etc. You can: - embed directly in emails for easier review collection - driven feedback (instead of asking them to write, drive them via a form, etc. - always give examples of how you want the review (optional) - let me know what you think!
    Lisa Steingold
    @adeeb_malik This is so true! Also, I think blank pages scare people, so I think interviews or as you say via specific channels. Also love the idea of giving examples! Thanks for this!
    Adeeb Malik
    @lisa_steingold1 happy to contribute 🤘
    Abhra Ch.
    Hey @lisa_steingold1! That sounds like an awesome idea for marketing usewhale! 😄 One effective way could be to reach out to your most loyal customers and offer them an incentive, like a discount or a small gift, in exchange for an honest video review. You could also run a fun contest where users share their videos and the best ones win prizes! Another way could be to collaborate with influencers who can review your product on their channels. Good luck! 😊📹
    Abhra Ch.
    @lisa_steingold1 Most welcome. 😊 Would definitely love your review and support on my product as well 😁 Get Notified about the launch here: (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...)
    Lisa Steingold
    @abhra_ch Love this idea! Thank you!