• Subscribe
  • What's a product that was too early and failed, but would succeed today?

Joshua Brueckner
    3 replies
    I've been thinking about how some products are ahead of their time and donโ€™t succeed, only to see similar ideas take off years later. Timing really is everything! Take Google Glass for example. When it came out in 2013, it was an big step into AR. But it faced issues like privacy concerns and was expensive. Now, with AR becoming more mainstream and people more open to wearable tech, I bet a new version of Google Glass could do really well. What other products do you think were just a bit too early but could totally succeed today?

Replies

Abhra Ch.
    @jabrueckner You've hit the nail on the head! Timing can make or break a product. I always think about the Apple Newton from the '90s. It was a pioneer for personal digital assistants but struggled due to limited technology and market readiness. Nowadays, with the touchscreens and AI we have, a revamped version could be a game changer! What other products come to mind for everyone? ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ“ฑ
    Eraj Ismatulloev
    You can read up on General Magic. They pretty much developed a smartphone in early 1990s and were developing a bunch of other products that were way ahead of their time.
    Joshua Brueckner
    @ieraj That reminds me of the startup "Magic" where you could text anything you wanted or needed and they would make it happen https://techcrunch.com/2015/02/2... Not sure what happened to them