• Subscribe
  • What's a common misconception about your industry or field?

Rahul Agarwal
    19 replies

Replies

Grayson Carter
    Code Ninjas vs. Team Players? There's a stereotype of programmers as solitary code wizards, but successful software development is highly collaborative. We work in teams, brainstorm ideas, and explain complex concepts to each other. Communication and teamwork are just as important as coding skills.
    Rahul Agarwal
    @grayson_carter1 Great one! I can see those collaborative efforts in my team, just realized that they are breaking the stereotypes!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    I don't know any as such misconception about 'my' industry but then again, I don't the field as well! 🤔
    Christopher Clark
    Know It Alls vs. Lifelong Learners? Most people think lawyers know every law ever written. The truth is, law is a vast and ever-changing field! We spend a lot of time researching and learning new things to stay on top of current legal issues and best practices. It's more about critical thinking and applying legal principles than memorizing every detail.
    Rahul Agarwal
    @christopher_clark8 I see, it's not just what code of conduct is made for what crime, it's more about how and why.
    Idris Saidu
    A common misconception about my field is that it’s all about coding. In truth, a lot of it involves planning, design, and collaboration.
    Rebaika James
    People often think my industry is glamorous, but it involves a lot of hard work and long hours behind the scenes.
    Mercy James
    There’s a belief that my industry is stagnant, but it’s constantly evolving with new technologies and methodologies.
    Rahul Agarwal
    @mercy_james3 What industry are we talking about here?
    Rohit Kumar
    People often think my field is only about numbers and data, but storytelling and visualization are just as important.
    One major misconception is to think that if a website looks nice, it must be working great. The truth is, it's not a guarantee. For a website to be having a great functional experience, it takes more than just a few pretty sections pulled together.
    Kushagra Singh
    that you can be profitable with existing business model 😂
    Ethan Robert Kensington
    That UX is all about making things look pretty. Good UX design is really about understanding user needs, psychology, and behavior to create intuitive, efficient experiences that help people accomplish their goals. Aesthetics are important but secondary to usability and functionality.
    Gurkaran Singh
    It's a wild world of algorithms and data! One common misconception is that data scientists spend all day staring at numbers, but we also have fun decoding mysteries - like Sherlock Holmes with a keyboard!
    Jasper Miles Hawkins
    That coding is just sitting in front of a computer all day. In reality, software engineering involves a ton of collaboration, brainstorming, problem-solving, and creativity. The best engineers are great communicators who can break down complex ideas, not just churn out lines of code solo.