What new thing did you learn this week?

Anoir Houmou
18 replies

Replies

Heiken Bautista
There are many misleading data visualisations out there either done purposely or through error. Once you know what to look out for, they're easier to spot in your day to day lives and can help in times of uncertainty and fear (remember all the contradictory news surrounding the Covid Pandemic?) You can see some examples of misleading data here -> https://www.datapine.com/blog/mi...
Sanat Mohanty
@anoirhoumou Formula to write effective landing page headline copy. Background: I'm working on a project and currently in idea validation phase. After initial market research, I decided to test the idea & narrative by floating a landing page. Learning: - I analyzed 20-25 landing pages of projects launched on PH - Observed a pattern & mapped a formula for writing headline copy. In decreasing order of impact & word count: Formula 1: What is the product + Verb (what users can do) + Benefit (specific) Formula 2: Verb (what users can do) + Benefit (specific) Formula 3: What is it product + Benefit Formula 4: One core benefit Example: A curated marketplace Formula 1: Curated marketplace for designers to buy and sell frontend UI kits Formula 2: Buy & sell frontend UI kits Formula 3: Curated marketplace of frontend UI kits Formula 4: Plug & play frontend UI kits for designers How to use: Formula 1: For cases where audience needs full context to understand a new concept/idea Formula 2, 3 & 4: For cases where audience is solution aware/ has exposure to similar products/services
Software Guy (Aarvy)
@anoirhoumou @sanat_mohanty That's a lots of things. sending you good wibes and lots of energy.
Michael Flux
How to make phyllo dough for baklava.
Software Guy (Aarvy)
@michaelflux Oh seems interesting, what's that? And, did you enjoy learning that?
Michael Flux
@software_guy
If I could eat without getting fat, I'd probably live on this stuff. 🙃
Michael Flux
@anoirhoumou https://www.joshuaweissman.com/p... Pretty much everything this dude makes is absolute gold. 🤩
Michael Flux
@anoirhoumou Always good to disconnect for a bit and do something with your hands rather than just staring at the screen all day as most of us do. :-)
Kristen Nichols
How to better use the "pen tool" in illustrator, haha it's the small things!