What makes a start-up fail?

Alessandra Mikail
11 replies

Replies

Jedadiah Bolding
not good marketing I guess.
Apollon Latsoudis
Great question! I am not sure that there is a simple answer to this. Perhaps other esteemed Producthunt members with greater experience can assist on this. In my humble opinion, lack of faith is one key reasons - if founders do not believe in the vision, the start-up is bound to fail. Overextending (hiring wrong people for the wrong reasons, pivoting without need, adding features without customer feedback) may also be a reason. Multiple examples of start-up failures exist, however each apply to different conditions and reasons. Even choosing the wrong market or failing to listen to potential customer feedback, may be an issue. I personally would love to hear more about those stories,as there are many lessons to be learned.
Alessandra Mikail
@apollon440 me too, I find Reddit to be a great place for these stories and lessons we can all learn from them
Pragruthaa Rabichandran
Too many reasons to mention. Lack of proper market research and understanding, unrealistic roadmap and lack of commitment could be a few of the reasons.
Joan Mateo Duarte šŸš€
The biggest is the founders don't have the same spirit as when they started!
Witt Teo
There are many reasons why a start-up might fail. Some of the most common reasons include a lack of market need for the product or service offered by the start-up, poor management or leadership, inadequate funding, and competition from other businesses. One of the key factors that can lead to the failure of a start-up is a lack of market need for the product or service that the business is offering. This can happen if the business is offering a product or service that does not solve a real problem or meet a real need for its target customers. Without a clear market need, it can be difficult for the business to generate enough demand for its product or service to be successful.