What makes a start-up fail?

Alessandra Mikail
11 replies

Replies

Pragruthaa Rabichandran
Too many reasons to mention. Lack of proper market research and understanding, unrealistic roadmap and lack of commitment could be a few of the reasons.
Apollon Latsoudis
Great question! I am not sure that there is a simple answer to this. Perhaps other esteemed Producthunt members with greater experience can assist on this. In my humble opinion, lack of faith is one key reasons - if founders do not believe in the vision, the start-up is bound to fail. Overextending (hiring wrong people for the wrong reasons, pivoting without need, adding features without customer feedback) may also be a reason. Multiple examples of start-up failures exist, however each apply to different conditions and reasons. Even choosing the wrong market or failing to listen to potential customer feedback, may be an issue. I personally would love to hear more about those stories,as there are many lessons to be learned.
Alessandra Mikail
@apollon440 me too, I find Reddit to be a great place for these stories and lessons we can all learn from them
Joan Mateo Duarte šŸš€
The biggest is the founders don't have the same spirit as when they started!
Jedadiah Bolding
not good marketing I guess.
Witt Teo
There are many reasons why a start-up might fail. Some of the most common reasons include a lack of market need for the product or service offered by the start-up, poor management or leadership, inadequate funding, and competition from other businesses. One of the key factors that can lead to the failure of a start-up is a lack of market need for the product or service that the business is offering. This can happen if the business is offering a product or service that does not solve a real problem or meet a real need for its target customers. Without a clear market need, it can be difficult for the business to generate enough demand for its product or service to be successful.