What is the worst thing that a fledgling startup/founder can do?

I am just asking, I do not know. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜€ But I have a few hypotheses. 1️⃣ Not knowing what they gonna do (like no goal, no plan, no clue about the target audience, no anything...) 2️⃣ Relying on funding AKA Product profitability > Raised money. At the end of the day, it's how much you sold your products, not how much you raised. No one will donate indefinitely. 3️⃣ Creating a product nobody wants (make sure you are not the only person who would buy the product) πŸ˜€ But it is about YOUR ANSWERS... so... πŸ‘‡

Replies

Ohans Emmanuel
Spot on! @busmark_w_nika I totally agree with 3! But I reckon most successful startup ideas started with a "personal problem". You've just got to validate if the market is big enough + if a similarly hungry audience is out there for the same problem.
Business Marketing with Nika
@ohansemmanuel that's the point. Many people do not validate the solution and they end up with a product that solved only their problem.
You don't have to be shy to answer btw :D
Hossein Yazdi
In my opinion, creating a startup without having a proper payment strategy for it. In other words, just building something amazing and hoping for money to come eventually. I experienced this at the start of my building career! πŸ˜…
Hossein Yazdi
@busmark_w_nika Haha, yes actually, I hoped my platform would grow so high in traffic that I would be able to make an amount solely from running ads from it! But that required a HUGE traffic! Now that I'm thinking about it, it isn't worth calling it a strategy! :)
Dan O'Malley
I agree with #3. I'm reading Million Dollar Weekend by Noah Kagan at the moment. Validate first and do it fast.
Gurkaran Singh
Launching a startup without user research is like trying to drive with your eyes closed - it's gonna be a bumpy ride! πŸ˜‰ #KnowYourAudience
My3 Murthy
Waiting to launch your product when it is perfect- it means you are too late to the market.
@my3_murthy Perfectionism kills the action. I was afraid of many things that I didn't start. Many ideas died sooner than they saw the light of day. πŸ₯²
Kshetez Vinayak
You've nailed some critical pitfalls, especially for tech startups. I'd add to your list: 4️⃣ Ignoring user feedback: Some founders get so attached to their vision, they dismiss early user critiques. This arrogance can kill a startup. Your users are your compassβ€”listen closely. 5️⃣ Poor team dynamics: Choosing partners based on friendship rather than complementary skills, or not aligning on values. Co-founder conflicts are startup killers. Faced this more than once. so hoping wont repeat this. 6️⃣ Scaling prematurely: Rushing to grow before product-market fit. It's like putting rocket fuel in a car without wheelsβ€”you'll burn resources without moving forward. these are some points I have experienced or learnt from others. so thought of sharing here. Thanks Nika for sparking this discussion. I will be launching an AI startup this month. If anyone else is navigating these waters, maybe we could connect and keep each other accountable.
Julian Wong
@kshetez_vinayak would you say knowing keywords and SEO optimisation is equally important?
JD Worcester
Raise again...a down round is a awful sign no matter what the market looks like on the macro.
Mark Lemuel M
up for this!