What is the secret of a high-performing team?

Joe
61 replies
Hey all! It's very important to build a highly efficient team in a early start-up stage. What's your secret or strategy for creating a high-performing team? Thanks!

Replies

Carlos Virreira
Trust, respect and faith that everyone has the best interest for the team at heart. Having an 'enemy' also helps in my opinion.
Joe
@carlos_virreira True! Great enemy/competitor helps us to be more proactive and thinking ahead of a game
Desire and faith in what are you doing - must have things.
Neha
Building a high-performing team requires time, effort, and a focus on developing strong relationships, providing a positive team culture, and continually improving collaboration and communication.
Joe
@neha_joshi8 Very true! Strong relationships build the foundation of a high-performing team
Shaur ul Asar
The secret lies in effective communication, strong leadership, diversity, trust, respect, and accountability.
Boils down to three Ps. 1) Perseverance 2) Passion 3) Proficiency
Tony Yip
Passion and a great leader.
Hashnimo
As Fast and Furious Dom said: "Family is everything!"
Renat Abyasov
I create an eco-friendly and healthy atmosphere in my team. We share opinions, and everyone can speak at any time. It is also crucial that all team members coincide in spirit and values.
Joe
@renat_abyasov Thanks for sharing, Renat! Our team has a similar atmosphere but I discovered that sometimes the tough decisions may still depend on the senior people (leadership matters a lot!)
Nikohere
@renat_abyasov Guess the hard part is how to maintain that atmosphere when the team is faced with great difficulties/pressure.
Igor Lysenko
The whole force is in the automation of workflows, I personally think that this can change a lot.
Elisa
I've been a project/engineering manager for 10 years and an engineer individual contributor for 25. For me, the only thing that determines if a team will perform well or not is this: Empowerment. Is the team able to make their own decisions? Fix their own problems? Choose their own work? Have time to learn and research things? Or are they constrained by your company's processes and managers to work like laborers, with someone else telling them what to do and how to do it? Give them power, give them agency. And watch the magic.
Joe
@epg75 Thank you Elisa! These are some great advices! I have a question that do you think its important for senior leader to give a framework or set a boundary for certain tasks in order to keep everyone toward the same goal?
Elisa
@jc_mindverse Hi Joe, Certainly. Of course you don't just hire devs or designers or marketing people and just leave them be without direction. Senior leadership needs to give clear objectives. Tell them where the ship is going. What are the KPIs, where do we want to be in 1 month, in 6 months, in a year, in 5 years, what is the company building and why? Then the teams need clear parameters and clear specifications on what to build, clarifies requirements with leadership, leads discussions on what is achievable or possible in what timeframes, and basically negotiates with leadership about these parameters. How to build things, or how to achieve the objectives set by leadership, that should be up to the team. And it should be a constant dialogue between team and leadership, it should never be a dictatorship, most especially if/when leadership is not themselves an expert in the technology or skillset of the team that builds. Leadership sets the ship's destination. But the team figures out how to get the ship there safely and on-time.
Joe
@epg75 Thanks so much for your advices! These are extremely helpful and I will certainly refer these ideas to my team!
Jacelyn Sia
You want to build a high-performing team, eh? Well, first things first, why do high-performing remote teams even matter? High-performing remote teams are valuable because they yield superior outcomes and foster increased employee satisfaction. The key to their success lies in seamless collaboration toward a shared objective, transcending individual skills. So, when building your team while staying budget conscious, prioritize hiring remote developers , testers, and marketers who can contribute cohesively to achieve exceptional results.
Donna Hernandez
In my experience, high-performing teams are built on clear communication, shared goals, and mutual respect. Everyone should understand their role and how it contributes to the big picture. Regular feedback and acknowledgment of achievements also boost morale and performance. Tools like Slack for communication, Asana for task management, and 15Five for feedback can help.
Joe
@donahernande13 These are great insights! Most successful teams are equipped with highly motivated and dedicated groups of individuals who work toward a common goal
Jeremy Lopez
Clear communication is crucial. Everyone should know their roles, responsibilities, and the team's overall goal. Trust is another biggie - it encourages open feedback and innovation. Finally, celebrate successes together. Recognition fosters motivation and builds a positive team culture.
Joe
@j_lopez_226 Absolutely, clear communication, trust, and celebrating successes are essential for a strong team. Thank you for highlighting these important points!
Frank K
My strategy is focusing on clear communication, building trust, and celebrating team successes. This helps align everyone towards common goals, fosters a culture of open feedback and innovation, and boosts morale and motivation.
Joe
@frank_k Thanks for sharing your strategies! Really appreciate it!
Kaneshiro Takeshi
@frank_k In response to your message, your strategy emphasizes transparent communication, trust-building, and recognizing team achievements. This approach unites the team around shared objectives, encourages open feedback and innovation, and enhances overall morale and motivation.
Kexin Liu
The secret of a high-performing team is not a single ingredient but a combination of alignment, effective communication, trust, and a commitment to continuous learning. This holistic approach ensures that the team functions seamlessly, ultimately leading to superior performance.
John
Bosses and employees become a community, just like HuaWei
Huang
Keep information transparent
C.C.Y
Build team camaraderie、Recognize and reward performance、Empower decision-making....
dongsheng sun
discussion question