• Subscribe
  • What is the product hunt rule on launching apps under a single domain?

Nifal Adam
    6 replies
    So for context, I launched my first app yesterday which didnt get featured, so i didnt get enough traffic. Now I was wondering about the rules here creating smaller apps that I can launch perhaps next month but under the same domain. For example, my current launch was startupbolt.com and now what if I create a new app named startupbolt.com/pseo which might be a programmatic seo tool under startupbolt brand? Is it allowed or do I have to launch in a separate domain? Just curious. Thanks.

Replies

Elizabeth M. Mitchell
    I’m considering launching several apps on Product Hunt from the same domain. How does Product Hunt view this, and what should I keep in mind?
    Nitesh Jamod
    Hey, Key Guidelines for Launching Multiple Products Under a Single Domain: Distinct Products: Each product or app you launch should be distinct and provide a unique value proposition. Product Hunt values quality over quantity, so each submission should stand out as a separate entity, even if it shares a domain with other products. 1. Clear Differentiation 2. Separate Launches 3. Avoid Spamming 4. Community Engagement 5. Follow Product Hunt Guidelines
    Barnaby
    I’m a bit confused about Product Hunt’s guidelines for launching apps from the same domain.
    Nadeem iqbal
    I want to launch multiple apps, but they’re all linked to the same website. What’s the best way to handle this according to Product Hunt’s rules?
    Nifal Adam
    It seems a lot of people have the exact same doubt lol. I think mainly the new product must be a significant addition to earlier product to be allowed, otherwise launch it in a new domain. I could be wrong though