• Subscribe
  • What is the product hunt rule on launching apps under a single domain?

Nifal Adam
    6 replies
    So for context, I launched my first app yesterday which didnt get featured, so i didnt get enough traffic. Now I was wondering about the rules here creating smaller apps that I can launch perhaps next month but under the same domain. For example, my current launch was startupbolt.com and now what if I create a new app named startupbolt.com/pseo which might be a programmatic seo tool under startupbolt brand? Is it allowed or do I have to launch in a separate domain? Just curious. Thanks.

Replies

Nadeem iqbal
    I want to launch multiple apps, but they’re all linked to the same website. What’s the best way to handle this according to Product Hunt’s rules?
    Nitesh Jamod
    Hey, Key Guidelines for Launching Multiple Products Under a Single Domain: Distinct Products: Each product or app you launch should be distinct and provide a unique value proposition. Product Hunt values quality over quantity, so each submission should stand out as a separate entity, even if it shares a domain with other products. 1. Clear Differentiation 2. Separate Launches 3. Avoid Spamming 4. Community Engagement 5. Follow Product Hunt Guidelines
    Barnaby
    I’m a bit confused about Product Hunt’s guidelines for launching apps from the same domain.
    Elizabeth M. Mitchell
    I’m considering launching several apps on Product Hunt from the same domain. How does Product Hunt view this, and what should I keep in mind?
    Nifal Adam
    It seems a lot of people have the exact same doubt lol. I think mainly the new product must be a significant addition to earlier product to be allowed, otherwise launch it in a new domain. I could be wrong though