What is the most important step in the hiring process?

Ghulam Abbas
30 replies
PyjamaHR is LIVE now! After months of dedication and fine-tuning, we're excited to share it with you. We would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look and share your feedback. https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Zion Melson
Launching soon!
As a former recruiter I would say the most important step in the hiring process is ensuring that both company and candidate expectations are aligned. I can't tell you how many horror stories I've heard of lost placements because a candidate didn't like the offer -- or the company couldn't match the salary expectations of the candidate.
Austin Armstrong
Making sure that you really go through their profile. Check if everythign they say in the interview aligns with what they submit or have in their public profiles to make sure you are not led on and hiring someone who is bogus
Vinod Katam
@austinarmstrong ,One of the biggest challenges is also missing out on candidate applications as its a very manual and tedious process. Wrong hiring costs more than not hiring. Thats one of the challenges that we faced when we were hiring, which lead to the idea of starting PyjamaHR. To ensure that recruiters are not wasting their time in screening not so qualified candidates, we automated the screening flows with pre defiled criteria set by the recruiters. This will help you focus on just those candidates that fall in your qualification bracket. We just launched today, do check us out and if possible, give a honest feedback. (https://www.producthunt.com/post...)
Zion Melson
Launching soon!
@austinarmstrong We built a tool to automated this, but so has about 100 other competitors. What else do you think is a burning problem when hiring?
Emily Willis
We (at Marlee) see the deep understanding of a person's work style and motivational traits as the critical factor impacting success outcomes for new hires. Understanding potential conflict areas (in ways of working) is important, and ensuring you're building a cognitively diverse team.
Lokesh Joshi
I think the most important step in the hiring process is conducting thorough interviews. This step allows employers to assess candidates' qualifications, cultural fit, and potential for growth within the company. Effective interviews provide invaluable insights that go beyond resumes, ensuring that the selected candidate aligns with the organization's goals and values.
Vinod Katam
@lokeshjoshi31 , scheduling interviews and talking to all the applicants is a long and tedious process. This usually exhausts the recruiters thats result in missing out on checks from candidate to candidate.
Cedric Mathias
The most important step in hiring process would be to check whether the candidate has right set of skills and is culturally fit for the company.
Vinod Katam
@cedric_mathias , do you think a tool where you can just mention all your screening criteria like skills, cultural expectations, communication, leadership etc and the tool actually talks to the candidates like a human, ask the right questions and gives a detailed report with an overall score, so that you can quickly filter the right candidates and proceed with your screening, would that make your life easy and your recruitment better?
Roland Raupp
Big ups on launching PyjamaHR! Personally, I think onboarding is the most critical step. It’s the first impression a new hire gets.
Andreas Sohns
I think the most important step in the interview is to determine if the person will fit well with the team and the role.
Katya Firyan
Patience, I think :) Not settling for a mediocre candidate. PS: We launched on PH Textok today too!!
Ibileke Samuel
The most important step in hiring process is "character check". An employee with a bad character and good skills will be bad for any team. Character plays an important role in our day to day lives if you will agree with me. I am open to corrections as well.
Milli Sen
Congrats on the launch! I think discovering the ideal candidates.
Congrats on the launch!
Cory Blumenfeld
For me, understanding the company culture fit of the candidate is crucial. It ensures they align with the team dynamics and values, setting a strong foundation for success.
Gurkaran Singh
Ah, the most crucial step in the hiring process? It's like finding the perfect emoji reaction - getting the cultural fit just right! Excited to check out PyjamaHR on Product Hunt and dive into this HR tech wonderland!
Tatiana Vdovychenko
You have a great tool! I also think the automation is a must for recruitment today! Of course, it is wrong to completely remove the human factor, but it is possible to remove human errors :) In the company where I work, JetSoftPro, they solved the issue of automating hiring thanks to their own extension, which is combined with the HRMS system. https://jetsoftpro.com/success-s...