What is the main purpose of social media marketing?

Ezgi Yeğinaltay
35 replies
To me, the main purpose of social media marketing is to build brand awareness, engage with the target audience, drive website traffic, and ultimately, achieve business goals such as increasing sales and revenue. It's about using social platforms to connect with and influence potential customers, share valuable content, and foster a sense of community around a brand or product. What are your thoughts on this?

Replies

Sanjay Chandran
Make them aware of the problem they are facing, provide them with solution to solve all these problems for free, and then sell the implementation through your product
Olena Bomko
90% (maybe more) of your potential buyers are not ready to buy now. The main purpose of social media marketing is to be on the top of their mind when they are ready to buy.
sintone
Each stage is different. This stage may be about building brand awareness, and the next stage may be about attracting more people. It depends on the nature of the product and the entrepreneurial goals. For example, if you want to become a billion-dollar unicorn 🦄️, it will be a long-term process, and in the early stages, you may need to focus on branding and visibility. However, if you are an independent hacker, your goal may be to achieve a 1000 MMR. In that case, finding valuable users and selling products would be the primary objective.
Jake Harrison
Viral effect, word of month
Nitin Joshi
The main purpose of social media marketing is to promote brands, engage with audiences, drive traffic, generate leads, and increase sales using social platforms.
Igor Lysenko
Increasing brand awareness is a good option, but getting customers also has its share.
Devluc
I like your definition because it's more complete. I'd narrow it down to selling your product, service or idea through social channels. I've used selling in its broader sense - not necessarily straight up making money.
Weston Skipworth
By creating high-quality content and engaging with users, you can build a positive reputation for your brand and make it more memorable.
Philipp Shay
The main goal of social media marketing is to boost your visibility among the younger generation. Nowadays, you can connect with young people primarily through social media, and not as effectively through other means.
Yavuz Tunc Emran
It serves as a strategic tool to enhance brand visibility and achieve business objectives through digital platforms.
Rohan Pathak
I think the main purpose of social media marketing is to funnel people into your email list because you cannot sell on the social media handles also the social media platforms are ready to kick you out and suspend you any time you do even the slightest wrong things and hence it's very unreliable that's why you need a platform that cannot be taken away from you and that's email
Jessica Liu
Building brand awareness is a really good point
Shunsuke Sakata
Getting attention from others. Chance to be picked by some influencer.
Amy J. Carwile
Promote products/services, gather feedback, and enhance customer loyalty and trust.
Suzanne Ross
Create a brand identity, showcase expertise, and stay relevant in markets.
Oliver Nohan
Your definition appeals to me since it is more thorough. I'd focus on using social media to market your good, service, or concept. I've used the term "selling" in a more general sense than just "making money."
Gary Ramirez
Social media marketing aims for visibility, engagement, and customer relationships.
Molly Payne
Drive traffic to website, increase SEO rankings, and enhance online visibility.
Miguel Reed
Social media marketing is the use of social media websites and platforms to promote products and services and connect with audiences. Social media marketing (SMM) can help in building your company's brand, driving website traffic, and increasing sales.
Michael Charles
Create a brand identity