What is the best way to promote a newsletter?

Dan Kulkov
7 replies
I've launched a newsletter for Indie Makers (https://dankulkov.substack.com/) Getting the first 50 subscribers was a piece of cake. Thanks to my Twitter followers :) But what are time-tested tactics to get new subscribers? Except posting high-quality content and waiting for the word-of-mouth 😅

Replies

Sanghita Dey
We hosted twitter space and brought audience to contribute into the discussion. Our topic was very relevant. We chose a Product and asked people how can we make it better. Great engagement and subcribers also increased exponentially
Dan Kulkov
@sanghita_dey are Twitter space worth it? Haven't participated in the single one
Darwin Binesh
Distribution eventually leads to more subs. I'm launching a newsletter on Monday and I've looked into: Influencers Organic social (twitter, ig, tiktok) Referrals SEO And it seems like they're all viable if done well enough with enough patience. Do you have a subscriber goal and a timeline for achieving it? I've been looking for people to talk to about this so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for posting!
Devyani Gupta
@darwin_binesh I'm trying to actually improve my startups' newsletter following as well! Would love to hear what worked best when you launch
Darwin Binesh
@dev_gupta3 Will do! So far the best one has been bringing it up everywhere I go. It's my new answer to the "so, what do you do?" question everyone asks.
Nabila El Bouzari
Hey @paullouis_valat1 , I reckon you've got some great feedbacks on this topic, don't you ?
Paul-Louis Valat
@nabilaelb Cross promotion has been working well for us! Partnering with other creators to feature on their newsletters and vice versa