What factors influence your decision to upvote or support other products on Product Hunt?

Neha
14 replies

Replies

Mia Young
A few things. I look for innovative ideas, solutions addressing real pain points, and clean, intuitive design. Also, the founders' engagement in the PH community matters.
Yannick
The product theme. For example I'm not really into AI for now so I can't really upvote or support these products. I probably miss huge incredible products doing that.
Neha
@mho22 It's entirely understandable! Everyone has their preferences and areas of interest. AI is undeniably the future, and exploring AI products can open up new perspectives and opportunities. Even if it's not your primary interest right now, giving these products a try might pleasantly surprise you and provide valuable insights into the potential of AI.
Irina Ivashchinenko
It is crucial for me to understand what kind of product it is, what benefits it brings, and whether the team has prepared materials about its product. I never voted for products where the team couldn't even write a description of the product or didn't produce description slides.
Oleg Eltsov
When I see that people tried to present their product well.
Lindsay Davis
When it solves the real problem I have in my life, or work🤓 So, in this case, I'm pretty pragmatic.
Neha
@imlindsay Ohh that nice! Keep up the pragmatic approach, and it will undoubtedly serve you well in tackling challenges and achieving your goals! 🤓 If I can help you in your problem so feel free to contact.
1) The product itself 2) Creatives
Ksenia Govorun
Uniqueness of a product and the issue that it will possibly solve.
Anatolii
Well, when I see a case where an idea is applied in a way I haven't seen before, it catches my eye. The idea doesn't have to be unique or new, by the way. If the approach is creative or out of the box, I'm in🙃
Subin Babu
To be frank, most of the time I receive messages on my social media asking for support for various product launches. I find it heartwarming and appreciative to show my support by simply upvoting and endorsing these brilliant founders and their startups or products. The best part is, it doesn't cost me anything, and it feels good to contribute to the success of new and innovative ideas. Additionally, I do take some time to explore products that are released daily, and if I find something good and interesting, I'm more than happy to give it my support as well.