What are your thoughts about meme marketing?

Steve Lou
23 replies
Do you use it in your strategy? What tools / platforms do you use for that purpose?

Replies

Aaron Branson
People need a laugh. A meme can connect (you get me) by sharing a pain point and convey your value quickly, and spark enough curiosity to learn more. But AUTHENTICITY is key. If you miss the mark w/ the joke or overplay the 'advertising' angle (i.e. overly corporate branding your meme), you can turn off your audience instead.
Steve Lou
@aaron_branson 100%! I think it makes your brand more personable! People are tired to connect with lead magnets :p
Olena Bomko
I LOVE creating memes. They 100% work for me. I use my brain :))) I just save all the memes I consume and make my memes in Figma.
Leena Chitnis
@olenabomko What do you use to create memes?
Steve Lou
@olenabomko haha yes I can see that! Love your memes on LinkedIn & Twitter, need to do more of that myself!
A big YES to meme marketing!! We tried it for Klu and it gained positive feedback and reactions!:)
Leena Chitnis
@sandradjajic what do you guys use to create memes?
Igor Lysenko
This is a very newfangled style of product management, and a very good one.
Elena Tsemirava
I don't use meme myself. But I always pay attention to them, because they usually evoke positive emotions. And this is very important in promoting a brand.
Dennis Aronov
I think they are great. As long as they are created with the right niche in mind, it's an effective way of grabbing people's attention and getting your message across in a humorous and digestible way!
Steve Lou
@dennis_aronov totally that's what makes it hard sometimes! Finding the meme that captures your target persona is tough sometimes!
Sara jalildokhti
meme posts and tweets are super eyecatching therefore the brands can connect with their audience personally and emotionally.
Steve Lou
@sara_jalildokhti Absolutely! Do you use memes yourself?
Rohan Pathak
They work absolutely well because they are not boring or educational and they add a new twist to the audience because they're easily Understandable even by people who Might not know anything about the topic!
Artyom Sviridov
If it works for a company/brand - why not. Memes can be really fun and memorable.
Steve Lou
@sviridov Absolutely! Do you use them yourself?
Artyom Sviridov
@steve_lourdessamy As of now - only in personal messages. But I have noted how some companies put memes to a good use in their marketing.
Prema Toppo
We're growing on social media because of meme marketing.
Steve Lou
@prema_toppo Nice! What's your LinkedIn / Twitter?