• Subscribe
  • What are some healthy work practices to avoid the negative effects of sitting too long?

Max Zhang
    26 replies
    Sitting for long periods can take a toll on your health, but adding a few simple habits can make a big difference. Standing up to stretch every hour ⏰, using a standing desk, or doing light exercises during breaks can help combat the effects of prolonged sitting. What do you do to stay active during your workday? πŸ’ͺ

Replies

Savio Martins
    Simply walk around after some time
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    To avoid the downsides of sitting too long, try standing up, stretching, or walking around every 30 minutes. You can also use a standing desk or do some simple desk exercises. Keeping good posture and moving regularly can make a big difference in how you feel!
    Derek Liu
    Yeah, I always get lost in coding and totally lose track of time, just need a natural reminder to wake me up and get in some stretching and exercise!
    Max Zhang
    @derek_liu_dev I get that! Setting a timer or using an app to remind you to stretch can be a useful way
    xavi
    Take frequent breaks, have some alerts setup for that, and take a walk
    Puja Kumari
    Taking short walking breaks every hour has made a huge difference for me. It keeps the energy up and prevents stiffness from sitting too long.
    Julia Klemenc
    Stretching during calls or meetings is a great habit. It’s simple but helps keep the body moving while staying productive.
    Sandy Leventh
    I’ve started using reminders to stand up and move around every 45 minutes. Just a quick stretch or walk can make a big difference.
    Hazel Mathew
    I try to stand up and stretch every hour, and I also use a standing desk. It really helps me stay active and avoid feeling stiff.
    Lazar J
    I use a balance ball as a chair sometimes. It’s a fun way to engage my core and keep my posture in check throughout the day.
    Phoebe Marshall
    It make sure to schedule regular breaks and do some stretching exercises. It helps me stay comfortable and focused during long work sessions.
    rebecca kim
    Get up and move every 30-60 minutes. This could be a short walk, stretch, or a few simple exercises.
    Darren Bardsley
    Try to Incorporate Movement into Your Day.
    elzabith co
    take short breaks and get up
    Freeman Laffey
    Find ways to move more throughout the day, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator or walking to a colleague's office instead of sending an email.
    Isis Clemente
    Sit up straight
    Shiva Tejasvi
    Set a reminder for your alarm and remember to take regular short breaks.
    Max Zhang
    @shiva_tejasvi Great idea. Those regular short breaks can make a big difference in keeping your energy up.
    Ruby Josephine Winters
    Absolutely! Taking regular breaks to stretch is key. I also recommend getting up and walking around every hour or so. And if you can, alternate between sitting and standing using a height-adjustable desk. These simple practices make a huge difference in reducing the negative effects of prolonged sitting and keeping your body feeling good during long work days.
    thina samin
    Stand Up and Stretch
    Gary Lenz
    Instead of sitting for meetings, consider walking while talking. This is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air
    Mikkel ven
    We should take active breaks