Took a little break from PH (unintentionally!) - anyone else find it difficult to get back into it?

Carol Moh
12 replies
I think post-launch, I was feeling a little PH burnout (which I hear is not uncommon) as the months-long build-up and launch day were fairly intense. However, now I check in from time to time, but it's become harder to get back into the rhythm I once had. Any suggestions on how to get my PH groove back?

Replies

The same. After I lost my streak the first time, I forgot about it and then tried to get back in the groove. Now I think I'm back in a mindset and routine to connect with others. Going off of the Atomic Habits book, one of the first things to do to create a new habit is to make it obvious. So, I added a widget on my iPhone home screen to remind me.... now i just have to not ignore it. lol
Julia Zakharova
If it's important for you to get back to PH, then give it as much time as you did before. Without a product launch, just being up to date, writing a few comments and an hour and a half will be enough. Maybe so)
Carol Moh
@julia_zakharova2 thanks for your advice - I might not be in everyday but hoping at least a few times a week!
Phil Meyer
Keep an eye out for the ”hidden gem” product launches. There will be one that appeals to you sooner or later…
Michael Shver
I took about a week-long break too (without a launch, but we had a bit of a change of plans)! 😅 My current plan is to set small goals like leaving 5 comments/supporting 1 product a day to get back into the flow! 💪 Good luck to you on getting back into Product Hunt too! 🔥
Jeremy Kaur
Absolutely, Carol! Jumping back into the PH community after a break can feel like a bit of a hurdle, but it's always rewarding to reconnect with the vibrant discussions and innovative products here.
Carol Moh
@jeremy_kaur I realised today that I quite missed it! And was very nice to see familiar faces still here ☺️
Aditya Kumar Saroj
I get almost no traction too now. Returning after a few months.