Took a little break from PH (unintentionally!) - anyone else find it difficult to get back into it?

Carol Moh
12 replies
I think post-launch, I was feeling a little PH burnout (which I hear is not uncommon) as the months-long build-up and launch day were fairly intense. However, now I check in from time to time, but it's become harder to get back into the rhythm I once had. Any suggestions on how to get my PH groove back?

Replies

Phil Meyer
Keep an eye out for the ”hidden gem” product launches. There will be one that appeals to you sooner or later…
Julia Zakharova
If it's important for you to get back to PH, then give it as much time as you did before. Without a product launch, just being up to date, writing a few comments and an hour and a half will be enough. Maybe so)
Carol Moh
@julia_zakharova2 thanks for your advice - I might not be in everyday but hoping at least a few times a week!
Michael Shver
I took about a week-long break too (without a launch, but we had a bit of a change of plans)! 😅 My current plan is to set small goals like leaving 5 comments/supporting 1 product a day to get back into the flow! 💪 Good luck to you on getting back into Product Hunt too! 🔥
Jeremy Kaur
Absolutely, Carol! Jumping back into the PH community after a break can feel like a bit of a hurdle, but it's always rewarding to reconnect with the vibrant discussions and innovative products here.
Carol Moh
@jeremy_kaur I realised today that I quite missed it! And was very nice to see familiar faces still here ☺️
Aditya Kumar Saroj
I get almost no traction too now. Returning after a few months.
The same. After I lost my streak the first time, I forgot about it and then tried to get back in the groove. Now I think I'm back in a mindset and routine to connect with others. Going off of the Atomic Habits book, one of the first things to do to create a new habit is to make it obvious. So, I added a widget on my iPhone home screen to remind me.... now i just have to not ignore it. lol