Solopreneurs, how do you manage "loneliness" in business?

What helps you overcome the feeling: "I'm all alone."?

Replies

GuillaumeDSM
Interesting question ! I love traveling, so I went ditigal nomad and work in coffee shops, it's great to socialize while working and visiting places !
Business Marketing with Nika
@guillaumemdsm In what country are you currently in? 👀
GuillaumeDSM
@busmark_w_nika France at the moment! I thinking about going to Budapest in summer, I heard it's great!
@guillaumemdsm Have never been in both counties :D but Hungary is nearby. TBH. France is closer to my <3 How is it there?
GuillaumeDSM
@busmark_w_nika Ahahah it's funny how when you are from a specific country, you usually don't end up visiting it that much (at least this was true for me, I always wanted to visit other countries than france). By being a nomad in france, I visited so many places and it's actually a great country to be a normad in! We will see about Hungary :) What about you? Where are you next to Hungary?
@guillaumemdsm from Slovakia :D Have you been there? :)
Mark Lemuel M
Getting a Girlfriend that supports your endeavor.
@kilopolki that's quite a valid point. Not everybody have a comprehension for entrepreneurial spirit :D
Mark Lemuel M
@busmark_w_nika do you have a boyfriend?
Alvaro Villalba Perez
That's a tough one. I haven't found a cure yet! Although finding a strong team could help
@alvarovillalb_ yeah, but in that case you are not solopreneur anymore :D how long have you been solo (if you are)? The only way I could find as "cure" is to visit some conferences, coworkings, it disrupts that status quo. Or be partially solo and then to have a project with someone.
Alvaro Villalba Perez
@busmark_w_nika yeah I was mistaken with being a solo founder. We're a team of 3 currently. Visiting other startups at their offices is a super fun activity we've done in the past.
Olie Fullin
Going it alone can be a lonely journey indeed, I usually join local business groups, attend industry conferences, or participate in online forums related to your business. This can help you connect with like-minded people who understand your journey. Seek out mentors in your industry. They can provide you with valuable guidance and contribute to your ideas. Trying to have a work-life balance, regular exercise, and spending time with friends and family can help alleviate feelings of loneliness.
Tyrone Robb
Launching soon!
I'm not a solo anymore but was for a long time. I found building a network and an occasional face to face networking was useful. Naturally there is a product for that. @jwurtz created https://www.producthunt.com/prod... to solve this plus missing targets.
@jwurtz @ty_robb it is a good idea. BTW through Product Hunt Twitter and even LinkedIn I found so many people I had chatted with. It was pleasant to meet them (tho virtually) but helped me a lot.
Joël Wurtz
@busmark_w_nika @ty_robb Thank you! We’ll be launching our V2 soon, where you’ll be able to network with all the founders on the platform as well to fight this loneliness
@ty_robb @jwurtz it will be somethng like tinder for entrepreneurs right? :D
Tyrone Robb
Launching soon!
@jwurtz @busmark_w_nika I have never used Tinder but he mention some similar functionality, the swiping and matching.
Dan O'Malley
I think it's the same as in any solo adventure. If you are lonely, there are communities you can find for just about anything. If not, create one!
@dan_o_malley Do u know such a community? Feel free to share :)
Dan O'Malley
@busmark_w_nika As an example, I moved to Boise, ID to learn to river surf. I found a community of river surfers on Facebook before I moved to get advice and become friendly with the people there. It helped when I moved solo to already know some people in my new city.
@dan_o_malley aaa, so it was also a hobby. Yeah, I actually should do the same but with some work related environment :D
Walt Wu
A sad story: Once 30+ people, then 20+, then less than 10, and then just one…
Gurkaran Singh
Navigating business solitude is like debugging code - sometimes you need to step back, take a deep breath, and remember there's a whole community of fellow solopreneurs out there ready to support you! How do you handle those solo business blues?
@thestarkster Yeah, you just need to find that right folks in the community then you will find out that you are not so alone in the game.
Sarah Mooney
I really recommend finding other professionals in your field and having regular group meetings to discuss challenges you're going through. That's what I did at the start of being a Founder and it was beyond helpful!
@sophiewyne I also advocate for this idea. We had something similar in our town, but frequency was like once per quarter :D
Sarah Mooney
@busmark_w_nika If you can find people via online communities, it can help expand your reach and possibly make it more frequent!
Baba Aghayev
Eagles are always alone. The best option is hanging out with other eagles - other solopreneurs.
@baba_aghayev1 Is this any saying? I mean with those eagles? :D
Abhishek Gharat
In little digital campfires like: - A Whatsapp group of 4-5 entrepreneur friends - Meetup with friends you feel a vibe with, who don't bring you down - Engaging here / communities on Reddit Alternatives: - Helping someone out, for anything
AI is Future
You touched my nerve with this question
Alessandro Legnazzi
It's a rollercoaster - at the moment my gf gets me energised
@alessandrolnz happy to hear that you have a great time! 🙂 Always a blessing to have someone you can share your happiness with.
Chris
Launching soon!
I find that staying connected with other solopreneurs through online communities and networking events really helps combat the feeling of loneliness. Building relationships with fellow entrepreneurs who understand the challenges we face can provide valuable support and inspiration. Additionally, setting up regular check-ins with a mentor or accountability partner helps me stay accountable and motivated. Remember, you're not alone in this journey!
@chris_prosopo Hi Chris, what does the session with the mentor look like?
Giovani Drosda Lima
Well, a great way to reduce this symptom is to connect online! I am looking for connections on Product Hunt, I think this is a great path for mutual growth.
Bon
Working at a cafe and regularly meeting friends for chats.
Matt Bonacini
I've kind of learned to live with it. One thing that helped me are conferences and meetups with other developers. In-person events are a great way to exchange ideas and meet new interesting people with your same "problems". The catch is that, at least for me, these are not a regular thing, often the interesting ones are far from where I live
@matt_bonacini which conferences did you find to be the best? :)
Matt Caine
A hľa...slovenka... Find online mates... there is ton of people who are on the same page as you...
Hľa :DDDDDDDDDDD bože, nie :D z Ľ-ka si všetci robia srandu :D and from Trenčín (nearby) that's crazy! @mattcaine
Yvik Ye
Launching soon!
Dealing with loneliness as a solopreneur? I talk to my plants—they’re great listeners and never leaf me hanging.😁 But seriously, joining online communities and local meetups has been really helpful.
@xspiral Okay :D you scare me :D jokes aside. What kind of communities do you recommend me to attend? :)
Emma Smith
I find joining online communities really helps. There’s always someone who gets what you’re going through.
@emmasmithh are there any public communities I can join? :)