Solo or team launch, what's your launch story?

I've seen both solo makers and team efforts do well. Personally, I find solo launches exhilarating, but stressful too. It's a lot on one person, especially if you're just starting out. What's your take and experience on this?

Replies

hart
I think the hardest thing is how to mobilize everyone on the team to have a common goal
Roland Marlow
I like doing it solo but eventually, I want to build a small team. I know enough to know I'm not the smartest of best at a lot so I would greatly benefit from a team.
Elena Kasyan
I believe that of course it's a team effort because the project requires attention and launching it requires tedious work every day.
zuhaib ashfaq
As they say, if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. I would prefer working in team so you don't get out-manned and also have a helping hand. But finding people who are as passionate as yourself is a real challenge.
@zuhaib_ashfaq love that saying! I’m the same, I tried solo but could take the project only so far. Team makes the dream work
zuhaib ashfaq
@slimmy82 exactly. I'm buildimg my first product alone. I have seen the challenges that come with it. For next few product ideas, my preference would be to team up with someone so we can have a diverse set of expertise
@zuhaib_ashfaq for sure! Finding experts in specific fields that compliment your skills is so important
Isaac Martin Otim
Solo anything is hard. Coming from someone who's built, launched, and sold software and apps for years I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. "Solo" is often (but not always) paired with burnout, demotivation, amotivation, and failure.
Even if you’re a Jack of all trades it’s not enough. You need experts in each area, specifically creative vs analytical.
Shirley
My first launch was solo. It's very hard, I hope there is a team to do it.
Prem Saini
Team effort because there is so much to do on the launch day and having a team helps you streamline a lot of tasks.
PRIYANKA MANDAL
Personally, I lean towards team launches. The collaborative energy and diverse skills make the journey more enjoyable.
Nishkarsh Srivastava
Teams much better than solo, solo launches are stressful
Vivek Sharma
I have a small team, and I don't think anything would be possible for me without them πŸ˜…
Katya Firyan
Hi, Bren! I guess, it depends on what works for you and what are the circumstances. I love having a partner, because I need somebody to share things with. I know I'm just much more efficient like that. At the same time, today we launched Textok's free Beta on Product Hunt, and I mostly did the whole launch β€” because my team members were busy with other things on Textok's plate. We still discussed it, of course, but all the preparation and commenting were done by me. And that's ok too. It's our first launch on Product Hunt too, btw.
Shabnam Katoch
I have launched Solo, will be launching Solo again